Tall girls workout clothes

Options
Where do you tall girls find your workout clothes?

I can cope with my leggings being shorter, but the vests are killing me. I can't find one that fits long enough to cover the gap and really does need to be covered if I'm jumping around, so for the time being I'm stuck in oversized tee which are not ideal.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Athleta! Spendy but great stuff and a lot of tall styles. In general, Gap and athleta mean TALL when they say tall, too. The regular length is usually fine for me, and I am 5'9".

You could also look for "tunic" style shirts? Or use a men's tank undershirt, either as a shirt or under your shirt, those can be very long.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion for Athleta. I have the opposite problem, I'm 5'3", but Athleta clothes come in varying lengths and are great quality. They also have a terrific return policy.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you are in the UK - then f&f at Tesco is good for longer workout tops, nice quality material too :smile:
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Most of Lululemon's tops are super long.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I second athleta! Also Zella which you can get at nordstroms or the rack. I am 5'10" and have found that these are the only stores I can find anything to fit. I won't go in lulumon. I went in once and the sales girl was very rude. She asked if I was shopping for a gift...as they don't have big sizes! Seriously! I am a size 10! That is too "big" for them. I will spend my money elsewhere! I will check out old navy though. I never thought of going there!
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I often buy men's workout wear. It's made for taller bodies than women's wear, and the shorts have pockets.
  • picnic2day
    picnic2day Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions & yes, I'm in the UK but will have to have a scout round the internet see what I can find. Have to say love the idea of pockets :)