this is new to me

Options
Hi everyone or anyone.
Not done this kind of thing before, need to lose weight started going to the gym through the doctor's, im 32 working out with people probably twice my age doing circuit's. Done the weight loss thing before last time went down from 21 stone (294 pound) down to 15 stone (210 pound) in 16 months but just generally put it all back on because didn't have the time to go to the gym and everybody that a knew said i looked ill.
Well i'm sick of looking fat again i want to get healthy lose weight and tone up if i lost this weight and toned up i'd look well coz i'm a big bloke anyway, Plus my kids dont want a fat dad watching them grow up they want a dad that can get involved and go swimming with them not just watch from the side.
So here goes

JP

Replies

• whiteley
    Options
    Hi everyone or anyone.
    Not done this kind of thing before, need to lose weight started going to the gym through the doctor's, im 32 working out with people probably twice my age doing circuit's. Done the weight loss thing before last time went down from 21 stone (294 pound) down to 15 stone (210 pound) in 16 months but just generally put it all back on because didn't have the time to go to the gym and everybody that a knew said i looked ill.
    Well i'm sick of looking fat again i want to get healthy lose weight and tone up if i lost this weight and toned up i'd look well coz i'm a big bloke anyway, Plus my kids dont want a fat dad watching them grow up they want a dad that can get involved and go swimming with them not just watch from the side.
    So here goes

JP
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is very helpful and should keep you motivated. Lots of inspirational people are on here. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Welcome! It's great to have you join us. There is a lot of great info and good motivational people here. Way to go at being an example for your kids. And this may motivate your significant other into doing it with you. You never know. I never thought my husband would EVER count calories. But this weekend he announced he was serious about losing 30 lbs and had me show him how to sign up here. Good luck!
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome Whitley! You will love the encouragement you get here. Its also a big eye opener when you keep track of what you eat. Make sure you do it daily and the pounds do come off!!!:happy:
    Good luck with all of your goals!!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi JP, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    if you have any questions, we all would be glad to help. welcome to the mesage boards...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude, I have no doubt that you'll succeed! :smile:

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome, I am pretty new here only been on here since December 31, 2008. Good luck with you weight loss.
  • whiteley
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome
    JP
  • wildfire68
    Options
    Welcome,
    A lot of us are new here, so here is to a new start and may we all make our goals.:drinker: