Lord of the Rings (Two Towers) Fitness Challenge starting June 19th!

mochapygmy
mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
We're on a journey to Mordor and good health. It's going to be crazy fun!

The Two Towers Fitness Challenge starts on Sunday, June 19th! No knowledge of Tolkien or the movies required.

Each week we will issue a new fitness challenge based on Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings ~ Two Towers (Extended) Movie and you and your teammates have a week to achieve 6 points. You earn a point for each goal you meet.

Each week there will be goals for 1) Cardio minutes, 2) Strength minutes, 3) Flexibility minutes, 4) Elevenses aka a food challenge 5) Discovery which varies a lot but generally covers exploring your long term health or yourself. 6) The Eye of Sauron goal which is issued by the winning team from the previous week's challenge and is usually exercise.

It's a lot of fun and you are on a team with other fun, funny, fitness orientated people! Anyone can participate and you choose the level of activity so it doesn't matter if you are super fit or 100% brand new to exercise.

While no knowledge of Tolkien or the Lord of the Rings movies are required we do try and make it Lord of the Rings-y for the LOTR's fans.

Interested? Awesome! The group is public now but will become private once we start. Use the link below to join the group and then read the announcement "Two Towers Rules for Living in Middle Earth READ THIS FIRST" to get started!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111315-the-two-towers-lord-of-the-rings-fitness-challenge

Welcome to Middle Earth!

Replies

• mochapygmy
    Still time to join and there is an optional mini challenge running now!
  • fit_elliex
    fit_elliex Posts: 32 Member
    Can you sign me up, please?
    I could use motivation :wink:
  • mochapygmy
    fit_elliex wrote: »
    Can you sign me up, please?
    I could use motivation :wink:

@fit_elliex Glad to have you! Just follow this link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111315-the-two-towers-lord-of-the-rings-fitness-challenge

Join the group, read the rules and pick your team!
  • mochapygmy
    Still spots on teams left!
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    Funnest challenge ever!!!
  • mochapygmy
    Teams are filling up. Come join us!
  • mochapygmy
    Hobbits and Elves and Dwarves, Oh My!
  • mochapygmy
    The teams are forming and the hijinks are starting!
  • mochapygmy
    Bump.
  • RanaSimon
    RanaSimon Posts: 73 Member
    Now THIS is my kind of motivational challenge! I'm in!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    I'd like to join if there is going to be "free folk" team. I just finished a GoT challenge and it was brutal.
  • mochapygmy
    @shinycrazy There is an audit group in this challenge! They are Ents now. In addition to the audit group there are different activity levels to choose from based on your fitness level and time available.

Still time to join us to travel around Middle Earth! If you don't give a crap about Lord of the Rings you will still be able to participate because there is no trivia and we tell you what you need to know.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    mochapygmy wrote: »
    @shinycrazy There is an audit group in this challenge! They are Ents now. In addition to the audit group there are different activity levels to choose from based on your fitness level and time available.

Still time to join us to travel around Middle Earth! If you don't give a crap about Lord of the Rings you will still be able to participate because there is no trivia and we tell you what you need to know.

Sounds great! Thanks for the info!
  • mochapygmy
    We start in about 24 hours but there are still spots open. Especially on Team Rock and Team Mud!

Are you ready for an epic adventure and a fun fitness challenge? Come join us!
  • mochapygmy
    The first week's challenge is up! Still time to join but not for much longer.
  • taichilass
    taichilass Posts: 301 Member
    I want in
  • mochapygmy
    @taichilass Excellent! Follow the link to the group and pick a team!