Have your cake and eat it too....

Options
I have finally figured out that I can't cut out what I love BUT if I eat it in moderation, it actually helps me stick to my healthy life style.... making dessert and presenting it in a fancier way somehow makes me eat smaller portions and eat less of it....lol

Sharing a recipe that is simple and delicious:
Click on the pic for the video and recipe

https://youtu.be/GBUjgNhpNCs

Replies

• babysteps2skinny
    babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How many of you have created tiny adorable desserts to fit sweets Into our lifestyle...and what kind of desserts are your favorite?
  • avonarlene86
    avonarlene86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite desserts is apple & raspberry crumble, and now I tend to make it without the crumble topping! Works out about 60 cals per portion. Not necessarily smaller but I also love fresh strawberries or raspberries with some low fat uht canned cream and meringue nests. Xx
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    AvonArlene, I love crumble!! So do you totally skip the topping? I actually used whip cream with berries and cake like shown above for it gives the creaminess and has less calories per serving....I have to look for meringue nests...do you make them or buy them
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I like to mix protein powder with Greek yogurt. Sometimes I eat it like that, sometimes I freeze it for an ice cream like snack. I also tweaked my iced coffee recipe to include protein powder and eliminate any other added sugar.
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    I like to mix protein powder with Greek yogurt. Sometimes I eat it like that, sometimes I freeze it for an ice cream like snack. I also tweaked my iced coffee recipe to include protein powder and eliminate any other added sugar.

That is a pretty cool idea!! What kind of protein powder do you use? I am a little gun shy using protein powders after I found out I wasn't reading the nutrition right and was taking in a lot of cholesterol
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I have become such a fan of tiny desserts. I have also been shocked at how eating them slowly and savoring them makes them sooooooooo satisfying. One of my favorite restaurants for a romantic date night offers a small menu of mini-desserts and they're just perfect.

I haven't been doing baking or creating them, but I love my single serve cups of Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Daasz.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

That is a pretty cool idea!! What kind of protein powder do you use? I am a little gun shy using protein powders after I found out I wasn't reading the nutrition right and was taking in a lot of cholesterol

NSN, New Solutions Nutrition brand.
    32 g serving size
    130 calories
    23 g protein
    5 g carbs
    2 g fat
    (55 mg cholesterol)
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options

NSN, New Solutions Nutrition brand.
    32 g serving size
    130 calories
    23 g protein
    5 g carbs
    2 g fat
    (55 mg cholesterol)

I think I'll do something like that...thank you for the info
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I love this post! I have become such a fan of tiny desserts. I have also been shocked at how eating them slowly and savoring them makes them sooooooooo satisfying. One of my favorite restaurants for a romantic date night offers a small menu of mini-desserts and they're just perfect.

I haven't been doing baking or creating them, but I love my single serve cups of Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Daasz.

I know right!! My hubby loves saying how right he has been all along when I eat less when I eat nice and slow. If you click on the video, that is actually a channel my hubby started for me to encourage me to try new things...he gets food and I somehow eat slow and less specially after taking time to present the food lol

Seasons 52 is a place here in Jersey. They have those small desserts too. Such a cool idea...
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I will buy little spongecake dessert cake cups (80 calories each), top one with a cup of fresh, sliced strawberries, and two tablespoons of Cool Whip. So good!!!
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    dlkfox wrote: »
    I will buy little spongecake dessert cake cups (80 calories each), top one with a cup of fresh, sliced strawberries, and two tablespoons of Cool Whip. So good!!!

I did something similar...I'll share later. My friends thought I had bought them and not assembled them as I call it lol