New, from UK, be my friend! :)

Options
Hello all,

I joined the site on Tuesday - this is just what I have been looking for!! Now I need some friends to help me on the long but worthwhile road to success!

I'm 25 from London, England and am looking for some fitness buddies to help hit my goal, I try to eat healthily and exercise but am obviously failing somewhere as I'm not a size 10 yet (!) I can usually lose weight successfully but cannot keep it off, yo-yo dieting has been a bit of a habit for me in the past few years. I don't have much on my profile (it's bare!) but I will update it, feel free to friend me or send tips in the meantime... I'll sort the profile this weekend!

Also, any tips on how to use the site? I've never joined a forum before and often find myself a bit lost.... Any advice would be fab!

Looking forward to hearing from some of you :)

Replies

• brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just spend a few minutes to explore everything. It'll be easy in no time :)
  • KimberlyAbbas
    Options
    welcome
  • jodidlyO
    jodidlyO Posts: 37
    Options
    Hello : )
  • musogeek
    musogeek Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Feel free to friend me if you like. :)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to be friends. I am an American in Germany, so it's nice to be in about the same time zone! I've lost 51 lbs, and MFP truly is a wonderful tool for weight loss! Feel free to add me :)
  • rosebslim
    rosebslim Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi, and welcome.

I'm from the UK too, Buckinghamshire. I am finding it difficult to motivate myself to do some exercise lately and I think it is making me less focused on my diet also, so will have to sort myself out.

You will find a lot of support on here, I am really enjoying MFP - I also have it on my phone.

If you would like to find more UK buddies then use the search facility in the community section and put in UK then click search. It will bring up lots of threads some that are added to frequently.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the site.

:smile:
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    Hi :)

Friend request on the way......I've struggled with keeping weight off too and only joined MFP on Tuesday - I've lost 2lbs already so it definitely works :)
  • KJ7777
    KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am also in the UK in the midlands.
    I have found the best thing for me is to keep logging no matter what youve eaten & dont feel gilty for anything.
    You can count anything into what you use your calories on more or less & if you have an off day dont beat yourself up.

This sight is fantastic, good look :)
  • f00tball0
    f00tball0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome I have been registered with this site for 2 yrs now but have only realy just started using it so like u I am fairly new to it. All the best and for me execise is the way ahead as I love my food. 45 min burn off a day is good for you in more ways than one.
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Geoff from the UK. Huge advocate of MFP. I last not nearly 30lb a couple of years ago here without too much effort. Sadly it worked it way back onto me after i lost focus. But, I'm back here refreshed and focused now. I've lost 10lb in just over 2 weeks without stepping into the gym yet (recovering from hernia op). This rate will slow down soon but using MFP has completely changed in that short space of time my body's demand and reaction to eating.

A few tips that work for me:
    If you have a smart phone - GET THE APP! Makes it easy to keep track and remain focused
    I only watch my calories on foods - weight watchers food is great and all lo cal (cheap in some stores too £1 a meal!)
    Read through the success stories on the forum when you have time - totally inspirational
    Add friends chat to people - share your up's and downs - so many good people on here

Feel free to add me anyone too - I always drop nice little comments and share support where I can.
  • JannineOwen
    JannineOwen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hello,

i'm also from the UK, the midlands, i'll send a request, this site is great and you will get so much support its unbelievable. good luck on your journey :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome from another Londoner! You'll soon work out the site, even i managed it lol!
  • cherrydietcoke1
    Options
    welcome!! you sound just like me- yo yoing etc

Im 29 from midlands, this is a great place and you'l get loads of support and advice

sending you a request now ;)

lyd
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also from the UK - been a little bit 'off track' lately - but trying to sort myself out now. Good luck with your weight loss and feel free to send me a friend request. Enjoy the site! :flowerforyou:
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome from another UK'er :smile: friend request on its way .............

You will love it here, lots of support and encouragement from a very friendly team.

Remember to log everything and the way forward is to generally eat less and exercise more :smile:

You will soon find your way around the forum, if you are not sure how to do something, then just ask and you will have the answer.

Good luck on reaching your goal :smile:
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm from the UK in the West Midlands :smile:

MFP is great but so much better if you get a support network of like minded friends!
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I'm from the UK (midlands).. this site can be a huge help for support and motivation.... friend request coming your way :)
  • DeanDowney
    DeanDowney Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Londoner living in Kent. I think the key is consistancy. I exercise almost every day at around the same time. If you can get an exercise bike and park yourself in front of Eastenders or something, makes it less boring lol. Log everything you eat, if you don't log it it still counts! I'm trying to lose a few more Kilo's because I can feel my six pack under a, (reducing), layer of fat! :-)
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 27, and from NW London, feel free to friend me :smile:
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also from the UK - Kent to be precise! Feel free to add me. Need all the help and motivation i can get! I am currently cutting down on my carbs (but not drastically) and it's made a huge difference to my weight loss!

Everyone can add me if you like! The more the merrier! :bigsmile: