Never was that good at math - OOPS!

KDar1988
KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
I went to the gym today at lunch to do my SL 5x5. I set up the benchpress. I'm only at 50lbs including the bar. I do 2 reps and I'm like WTF, why can't I lift this and then it happened...I couldn't rerack it!! Thanks to the videos I've watched of how to get out of that situation I put it on my stomach and let it roll to my hips and I sat up, turned around and put it back on the rack. Whew.

That was when I realized what I had done. I had 2-25lb plates on it!! :* I laughed at myself but felt like an idiot! Definitely have to be more careful.

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey, you were able to do a controlled negative at 95 lbs - not bad! Roll of shame FTW!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I was never good at math either. I swear you can see my brain working as I do the plate math for my lifts.

But hey...you did do 2 reps! Silver lining!
  • KDar1988
    That's what I was thinking - I got 2 in! LOL Need to start carrying my phone for the calculator!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking - I got 2 in! LOL Need to start carrying my phone for the calculator!

Do you use the app to log your workouts? I find it super useful - it has a rest timer included and tells you when you need to de-load if you have failed three times at a weight.

The free version also has form videos included. The paid version has warm ups, accessories, and a plate calculator but I don't think those are too necessary. Well...maybe the plate calculator HA
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 wrote: »

Do you use the app to log your workouts? I find it super useful - it has a rest timer included and tells you when you need to de-load if you have failed three times at a weight.

The free version also has form videos included. The paid version has warm ups, accessories, and a plate calculator but I don't think those are too necessary. Well...maybe the plate calculator HA

Funny you ask. I have a windows phone and usually can't get any apps that are worthwhile. I looked yesterday and I found it and downloaded it. Since I've been doing it for a week I got caught up so the next time I go I'll have the current days weight and exercises. Should be very helpful!