Weight lifters unite!

Options
U.K. Here weightlifter. Anybody else the same? Share tips and tricks? I'm currently training strongman so could use the help gaining the weight!

Replies

• butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Do you watch Alan thrall on YouTube? He's an amateur strongman with alot of help videos.
  • bigbuffbarry
    bigbuffbarry Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I switched from bodybuilding/powerlifting to strongman about 9 months ago. I enjoy it so much more. Tip number 1... Eat, eat, eat. (canada)
  • nickdevine666
    nickdevine666 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks man! That's all I ever seem to do
  • nickdevine666
    nickdevine666 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Il take a look at him man thanks!
  • sdeidjdbeje
    sdeidjdbeje Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Homo milk ftw
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm new to weightlifting but am doing a program now and any tips would be appreciated !
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for more friends that weightlift. Good to stay motivated and get ideas.
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Started lifting a few months back following a guide atm to gain mass and losee fat but always happy to have more friends, any tips and tricks of the trade and im all ears
  • JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Been lifting for a few years now! I've been on a cut as of late so my lifts haven't moved up much, can't weight to get back to just eating and hitting PRs!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Do you watch Alan thrall on YouTube? He's an amateur strongman with alot of help videos.

Love him!
  • tinyfitchick
    tinyfitchick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bikini bodybuilder from New York here xx
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Is this like "Wonder Twins activate"? lol
    Lifter here.
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Never seriously considered it but more and more people are suggesting it.
    Just not sure if I could deal with the stage.
    Currently keeping trim while working on powerlifts.
  • xxfontainexx1996
    xxfontainexx1996 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Always warm up your muscles with stretching and light weights before going up to moderately heavy weight. I don't know how many times I've pulled my back because I was ignorant to stretching.
  • honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i lift too...from uk
  • honesty71108
    Options
    Always warm up your muscles with stretching and light weights before going up to moderately heavy weight. I don't know how many times I've pulled my back because I was ignorant to stretching.

thanks...i kinda never warm up...but reading this...i dont wana pull anything
  • honesty71108
    Options

ive subscribed him...thanks
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

thanks...i kinda never warm up...but reading this...i dont wana pull anything

Warm up but be sure not to static stretch. Dynamic stretches, foam rolling, maybe a few minutes walking on the treadmill or the stationary bike, start with light weight. I usually just do something dynamic and then have about 3-5 warm up sets before my top working set.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I strength train as well. Always looking for like minded folks to trade ideas and experiences with!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I lift things up and put them down. Trying to lift heavier things. I haven't attempted the Olympic lifts (no coach) and don't have access to strongman toys so just focusing on powerlifting for now.