Friendly and welcoming Paleo support group

Options
I hope we can start A group here that is welcoming and supportive, even to non Paleo ways of eating.
I was until recently a vegan for the past 4 years. 1 shed over 150 pounds, but hit a Plateau for six months, in fact my weight fluctuated. Choosing Paleo was a hard choice, for a number of philosophical reasons. Yet my weight is down 188.9 pounds. Going completely organic. Removing all sugar substitutes, processed foods, grains, dairy products, caffeine, and beans including peanuts has helped greatly. I am no longer suffering joint pain or gastric issues. I have an abundant energy and my workouts, strength and Endurance have improved. I'm looking here for supportive friends to share my journey with here. Thank you

Replies

• titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Go paleo!! I cannot eat beef, so I kept the beans, but I think that a diet centered around veg, with bits of organic meats is absolutely the way to go. Cannot seem to find enough time to take it to true next level (aka baking my own almond flour/tapioca breads, pizza dough) but hope to get there eventually. I am not chatty on MFP, but go you!!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I am am a semi paleo eater....can't give up dairy in the forms of cheese and ice cream :D
  • aceofspades2008
    aceofspades2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to paleo. Slowly giving up some processed foods I'm still eating. Plan on going fully paleo hopefully by the end of this month. I don't want to stress myself out. I love milk but I'm allergic to it and processed foods hurt me really bad. Time to change for my health. Feel free to add me. This is my first day so I'm in need of friends.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I went from vegan to paleo 7 years ago and never looked back. I dont go in for paleo baking though.
  • larrythepro
    larrythepro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started Paleo June 1, about 80% where there removed all grains and processed food. Feel free to add me
  • artistsandie
    artistsandie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello larrythepro. It was life changing for me. I only struggled a bit with dairy and artificial sweetener's. But now don't miss them, helped I move to herbal teas.
  • artistsandie
    Options
    Just started Paleo June 1, about 80% where there removed all grains and processed food. Feel free to add me

Hello larrythepro. It was life changing for me. I only struggled a bit with dairy and artificial sweetener's. But now don't miss them, helped I move to herbal teas.
  • artistsandie
    Options
    I went from vegan to paleo 7 years ago and never looked back. I dont go in for paleo baking though.

I still have moments as my vegan diet was and is tied to my philosophical practice. I don't over indulge.
  • artistsandie
    Options
    I'm going to paleo. Slowly giving up some processed foods I'm still eating. Plan on going fully paleo hopefully by the end of this month. I don't want to stress myself out. I love milk but I'm allergic to it and processed foods hurt me really bad. Time to change for my health. Feel free to add me. This is my first day so I'm in need of friends.

Hello. One step at a time works. I myself just jumped in the deep end. I look at my health rather then what I'm losing in the way of foods.