Looking for other moms in the same boat!

Options
I'm a mama of three and about three months ago I started down this journey. I'm trying to find happiness and myself in a world of school buses and diapers. Thankfully it's summer but I'd love to have other moms or friends to stay motivated with.

I'm 5'6 and I started out at 245. I'm now 225 and working towards my first goal of 200. Anyone want to take this road together?! Now that I'm a couple months in I think I'm ready to have some friends along the way!

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 20# gone!! I am a mom of 2 as well and feel free to add me! I log daily (open diary) and would be happy to provide support!
  • heystudmuffin
    heystudmuffin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    First time mom here! My little one just turned 7 months. I'm getting healthy for myself of course but also for her. good luck on your journey mama!
  • photog825
    photog825 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! It's good to know there are people in the same boat!
  • fattynomore78
    fattynomore78 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to drop between 75-80 pounds and totally I hit 4 pounds gone my goal is to have it all gone by next summer I've been either going to the gym or walking everyday and really trying to watch what I eat
  • madikasingersmommy
    madikasingersmommy Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I would love to give support and receive support! I was doing Weight Watchers with no results because I had no support to stick to it. I am trying to lose 20 lbs before vacation (2 months away) and then continue to lose another 20-30 lbs. I am a mother of 2 (7 yo & almost 4 yo) I have just become more active (doing Zumba twice weekly and riding a bike pulling the kids in a trailer 3 times weekly) I have tried My Fitness Pal in the past but didn't really do much with it, so I am crossing my fingers this time works!!!
  • letlovegrow89
    letlovegrow89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mom of three also! I'm aways looking for new mommy friends. I'm on my next goal of dropping another 50lbs.
  • ekd23
    ekd23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm a mom of 4. I've lost 30lbs so for and have another 48ish I want to lose.
  • monicabroussard2001
    monicabroussard2001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    photog825 wrote: »
    I'm a mama of three and about three months ago I started down this journey. I'm trying to find happiness and myself in a world of school buses and diapers. Thankfully it's summer but I'd love to have other moms or friends to stay motivated with.

I'm 5'6 and I started out at 245. I'm now 225 and working towards my first goal of 200. Anyone want to take this road together?! Now that I'm a couple months in I think I'm ready to have some friends along the way!

I would love to join YOU IN THIS journey. I'm 5.4 and 302.8. I need to loose this weight. I have 2 girls.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two, making way through my next 40lbs. Always down for more friends!
  • monicabroussard2001
    monicabroussard2001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 girls and over weight. I weight 302.8. I would love people to join me. I would love to be 129 pounds.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Mom of 4 kids here. My first goal is to also get under 200lbs. and hoping to achieve that before the kids go back to school in August. Would love some active support friends.
  • GetfitDrinkwine
    GetfitDrinkwine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Totally! Lets do this!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I first started MFP in May 2010. I lost 63 lbs and was loving life. Then I finally found the love of my life. I got married at 42 and became a first time mom at 43. Last month I restarted back on MFP to get back to the way I was before I fell in love. I was 5 lbs under where I started in 2010. Now I'm on the downhill trek again! Feel free to add me if you wish! I'd love the support & to give some pointers since I've been there. Its just harder now that I have my husband & son and still work full time. It was much easier when I got off work & it was just me. However I wouldn't change having the life I have now for the world. I just need to get my skinny back! :wink:
  • photog825
    photog825 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan guys!! Let's all motivate each other. Us mamas gotta stick together!
  • rje527
    rje527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is willing to help encourage me is free to add me as a friend! I only have my husband listed on my "friends" list now, but 3 weeks into tracking my food and I'm really getting discouraged. Haven't lost a single pound, yet have stayed at the 1200 calorie mark every day except 3 of them. I am 4'11" and currently 146. Would like to be as close to 120 as possible (seeing as how the doctor's chart says anything over 119 is overweight -- UGH). Thank you guys!
  • Bebebluiz1212
    Bebebluiz1212 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm a mother of two kiddos and not planning on adding more to the family. I'm more than ready to get myself back in shape. My goal is to get to a Healthy weight. I want to get rid of at least 70 pounds. I would love some friends to help keep me accountable.