My First Run

Options
I'm extremely pleased with myself.
Got up at 8:30am (which is unlike me)
Had a filling breakfast of muesli with organic natural yoghurt (also unlike me)
Set off for a run (EXTREMELY unlike me)

I ran a full 4.2km in 25 minutes!! Not sure what that is in miles, but I'm pretty am pleased with myself. I haven't been running since high school, and I didn't think i'd be able to run the whole thing!

I had that Nike fitness app with me, playing me music, but when I got back I found the GPS had only worked for the first 2 minutes which is a shame. I'll try a different app next time.

Also managed to force myself to eat a tin of sardines when I got in. Not hungry at all!

Wow. I'm on such a high :) Maybe I'll go for a bike ride this afternoon too :)

Replies

• vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is brilliant :smile:

4.2km is 2.61 miles, you made very good time to say its your first run. I do 2.3miles in 23mins and I have been doing it a few weeks now. It does become addictive though, trying to beat your last time.

Keep on running :smile:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yay thats awesome, congratulations!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nice run!!
    I use Runkeeper which is pretty good. Every now and again the GPS goes a bit wierd, but mostly it works really well.
    I tried MapmyRun but that kept crashing - I like Runkeeper better, especially now I've discovered that it has a target pace option which works well to keep me going at a decent pace, not slowing down too much (as I tend to do!)
  • Carrie_Dane
    Carrie_Dane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper also. My walking partner tried the Nike app while I continued to use Runkeeper and mine always worked. However her Runkeeper app on her phone sometimes has issues where mine on my droid never does. I also like the pace information. You can speed up or slow down which ever suits you. There are also notifications you can change to give times at markers for example every mile.

Good luck and keep up the changes...
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

I've not heard of runkeeper but I'll have a look for it. I thought maybe the problem was because I live in the mountains, but I have an app for tracking my skiing which works fine. In fact I could probably use that, as it tracks a lot if interesting information, even if it thinks I'm on a chairlift everytime I go uphill :)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Followed up with a 8k bike ride (5 mile?)
    So far, so good.
    Finally making the most of these beautiful mountains.