Hi and help ? How to set good macros

Hi there, I'm Tish, start weight was 17.1 stone - I've made some progress and just getting to grips with logging food I'm also trying food prepping and portion control containers, to help with protein, carbs and fat - but need to set my macros properly. Can someone help ?

I work from home, couple hours a day, have a couple of health problems so set exercise to 3 X 30 min workouts per week ( YouTube videos - dumbbell weights and a warm up ) - I have had loads of spring cleaning stacking up, but getting through it now that I'm losing more weight. I also sing and play bass guitar - just saying hi and hope someone can point me in the right direction :-) X Tish here is a pic or two from my Instagram ryyr9gvj4p6y.jpeg
showing my progress 8byi9b1zkchq.jpeg

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I had really good success using the macro setup described here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1 but your mileage may vary.
  • TishCMusic
    TishCMusic Posts: 12 Member
    THANKYOU !! Gosh so quickly xx
  • TishCMusic
    Goodness - the article is great !!! I'll be busy working everything out properly now ! Xx
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    I set my macros to 40c/30p/30f. That's 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats. This keeps your glucose levels balanced. You can read more about it by looking up the Zone "diet". It's just a way of eating but it's the healthiest in my opinion. Good luck!!!
  • TishCMusic
    theWODdoll wrote: »
    I set my macros to 40c/30p/30f. That's 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats. This keeps your glucose levels balanced. You can read more about it by looking up the Zone "diet". It's just a way of eating but it's the healthiest in my opinion. Good luck!!!

Thankyou ! - I'll look into that too :-) X
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    My CPF% set as 30,35and 35

My carbs are lower because I'm trying to lean out
  • GracielaDulce
    GracielaDulce Posts: 2 Member
    Well it would be different for everyone. What works for someone doesn't mean it will work for you. To be really accurate you need your age,gender,height,weight, goal (as in u wanna maintain, loose or gain) and your current activity level and based on all this information there's a calculation you can do and it'll give you your daily macro intake which you can split up however you like throughout the day. I usually eat 5-6times. Then it's easier to portion out your food. Cook it, portion it all out and your good to go for a couple days or a week depends how often you wanna cook.
  • TishCMusic
    BiggyFuzz wrote: »
    My CPF% set as 30,35and 35

My carbs are lower because I'm trying to lean out
    Thanks - I'm getting the hang of the macros now :smile:
  • TishCMusic
    kae826 wrote: »
    Well it would be different for everyone..........,,, I usually eat 5-6times. Then it's easier to portion out your food. Cook it, portion it all out and your good to go for a couple days or a week depends how often you wanna cook.

I think that sounds like a good idea - today I ate three huge meals lol :-)

• pwolfe1885
    pwolfe1885 Posts: 7 Member
    Depends on the diet. I aon a ketogenic diet. My marco are 5% carbs 20% and 75% fat. Its all in what you want to accomplish. Good luck awesome job.
  • TishCMusic
    Thank you good luck too :-)
  • My Keto macros are also 5%C 20%P and 75%F

But i tend to do clean Keto.
    Chicken and turkey, ground turkey,
    Coconut and olive oil, eggs, spinach and broccoli....
    I have bacon and cheese typically as a cheat meal.