Kodiak Cake Chocolate Chip Banana Power Bread

BLifts38
BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
Made this recipe this weekend, and it was PHENOMENAL!

- 2 cups Kodiak Cake mix
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk

Pour into a greased baking pan and bake on 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Yum!!! I just tried the Kodiak cake power cakes (in crunchy peanut butter and dark chocolate) and I love them! Will have to try this :)
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    AMAZING!
    I wanted to make it a little lower in calories so I only did 1 banana, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 90g chocolate chips (less than half a cup), but same vanilla and egg and cinnamon Kodak mix. Amazing!!
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    AMAZING!
    I wanted to make it a little lower in calories so I only did 1 banana, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 90g chocolate chips (less than half a cup), but same vanilla and egg and cinnamon Kodak mix. Amazing!!

Sounds yummy! What was your total calorie count?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Which Kodiak Cake mix did you use? I have the honey and oats one, do you think it would work?
  • soccerkon26
    AMAZING!

Sounds yummy! What was your total calorie count?

77 calories per ounce, 22 ounces in the loaf. So about 1,700 calories for the loaf lol. A lot of calories, but banana bread usually is anyway! :)
  • luvz2bake
    luvz2bake Posts: 9 Member
    Where do you get the Kodiak cake mix, never heard of it?
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    luvz2bake wrote: »
    Where do you get the Kodiak cake mix, never heard of it?

I live in the northeast... so its at any grocery store. walmart, target, stop and shop, big y...
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Where's the "power" in this recipe. By the title, I was expecting that it contained some kind of protein powder.

• soccerkon26
    minizebu wrote: »
    Where's the "power" in this recipe. By the title, I was expecting that it contained some kind of protein powder.

In the Kodiak pancake mix, if you buy the protein kind. Obviously
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Love Kodiak Cakes... have to try this! :)
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    minizebu wrote: »

In the Kodiak pancake mix, if you buy the protein kind. Obviously

I'm not sure how obvious it is if someone has never come across the Kodiak brand and doesn't already know that there is protein powder in the mix.