How do YOU stay motivated?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Motivated, for me, is the reason I finally decided to heed my doctor's persistent advice. My health indicators were declining. It remained yet within my grasp to influence them to improve, so I choose to. While the kitchen pantry is stocked with a wide variety of snacks both at work and at home, my food plan has appropriate items for my needs and that's what I eat.
  • minniesb69
    minniesb69 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning, helps to keep my mind on track for the day ahead. I also like watching success stories
  • Amysexyback
    Amysexyback Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Music, music, music. If I forget my headphones. I probably won't go to the gym. My phone is my mp3 player lol. I don't dwell on the scale or my size. Those victories are awesome. It sucks when I see that chart go up and i know I gained that week. But I look back a know where I lost track. Just pick up where you left off and keep going. I can portion control at home and calorie count while I'm out and about. My hardest thing is getting, my butt to the gym. I know my goals and where I want to be. I don't look at the end result I make mini goals and hit those milestones. Just keep pressing on girl. You look great!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    It's not a matter of motivation for me. It's just a little work on curbing cravings.

Like right now I'm having the worst craving as far as I can remember. LOL. I'm feeling physically fine though.
  • justinrye
    justinrye Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The goal that I'm trying to achieve is motivation and when the going gets tough I thrive off the weak and that's what keeps me going strong
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What has helped me is sticking to it through thick and thin...literally!

What I mean is, like most people starting out to lose weight we ignore the fact it took years to get out of shape and we set ourselves up for failure expecting very quick results. So Maybe I can drop 30 pounds in a couple months, but I never did it in sustainable ways so I had a feeling like I failed...and up again I went. Then I would get aggressive about it and tell myself THIS TIME, and it would drop quickly...but again it would go up when things weren't going fast enough.

But that is what zaps motivation more than anything...lack of progress. And it solely falls on expectations and wanting things quick.

So what has helped me stay motivated is letting go of any expectations, time frames, pounds, numbers, etc. I simply concede to make the best choices food wise and exercising ever day, each day of the week, from now on. Amazingly, I still may have ups and downs with weight or such, but it doesn't spiral me into binge eating or sitting around like it used to. I allow good wiggle room without going to far off track and still have some things I would like to accomplish, but I know they will come with time and consistency.

Time and consistency.
    That is key.

And I look better without clothes.
    That helps.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    This is the tough one for us. You have to find something that's an internal motivator. No one can motivate you you have to do it yourself but you have to find is a why. That why has to be totally selfish it can't be for the kids I can't be for the significant other it has to be for yourself. by being for yourself everything else will take care of itself. Also you have to realize you're worth it and believe that you're worth it.

For me it's a very personal dream that I've had for way too many years. something happened to me and I'm focused on that dream now. it's been real easy to stay self-motivated.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    One word: RESULTS. That's all I need to want to do it again tomorrow....
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Goodness. Just like the poster above me, seeing the results (sometimes daily) is highly motivating. I have some goals that I am dying to meet. My husband is quite a bit younger than I am (10 y), so staying fit for him and keeping our marriage frisky :) is really important to me, and motivating. I'm motivated by my 2 daughters, whom I want to be a role model for. I am egotistically motivated by the looks that I get from men in our company as I walk down the hall LOL
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A few things

1. I stare at my weight loss progression graph here
    2. I watch "My 600lb life."
    3. I watch "Extreme Weight Loss."
    4. I measure myself and also try on my older clothes to see how much I lost so far
  • ludazatobom
    ludazatobom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I write in a journal and i have notes in my kitchen reminding me why i need to do this. All these things slap me back into realizing why i have started this journey to begin with. Also please please eat enough and try to eat more fibers..more nutritious food. You can have a lot more of it during the day then just killing all ur calories with just lunch and dinner. I looked at your diary and it just seems really off to me. I feel like you don't eat enough and what you do it i feel like most if doesn't benefit you at all in being healthier either.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    ashleynnm wrote: »
    ashleynnm wrote: »
    Out of all the factors that go into losing weight, staying motivated is the hardest one. I see a food I really like and I just completely forget why I want to lose weight in the first place.. Do you guys have any tips for staying motivated? (Thank you & feel free to add me)

well looking at your calorie intake over the last days if the logging is correct ( which is hundreds in the negative netting) i would say eat more.

In my weight loss journey i didn't deprive myself at all. Eat what i wanted but controlled it. Lost in 400 days 130 lbs and now since November 2015 maintaining.

So the feeling of feeling good kept me going. The fact i could eat it all only controlling what i ate did the job for me.

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! And thank you so much for the advice. I think I try to eat as less as I can because I feel as if I eat more I'll gain instead of losing. But I'm willing to try new things and other strategies.

you have to eat 3500 above your maintaining level to gain 1 pound.

since you net every day hundreds negative with only a weight of 110 lbs and still want to lose 20 lbs i doubt that motivation is your biggest problem here.