What else can you make in individual ramekins besides this amazing looking Reuben recipe?

Options
AlyssaPetsDogs
AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
In one of my late night Pinterest ventures, I happened across this recipe that looked amazing! I did not know that those little baking dishes are called ramekins, but you learn something new everyday. How classy!
Literally the day after I pinned that, I went to an estate sale across the street and found 4 individual ramekins for $1.50 each. Talk about destiny. Naturally, I bought all four in the hope that I will have more than one guest visiting me and eating with me at a time. Or in case I break them.
I can't wait to try cooking in these little guys because they are so darn cute and good for portion control!

I hopped back on Pinterest and I have found there are a lot of desserts you can make in ramekins. I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but these look good. I'm wondering what else you guys have made in these! Any recipes or ideas are appreciated.

http://weightwise.com/reuben/

There is the link to the Ramekin reubens! I plan on trying those this week!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    Options
    Individual fruit crisp? Like as in you put a few pieces of fruit and just bake it? (sorry - I'm a newb in the kitchen).
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    Options
    Yep, or some frozen fruit (berries, peaches, apples, etc, work best). I usually find the fruit is sweet enough with just being warmed up. Then I take two tablespoons of oats, a tablespoon of melted butter, tablespoon each of white and brown sugars, and a tsp of flour. Stir together dry ingredients, then stir in melted butter til it looks like chunky wet sand, and sprinkle it on top. Bake until top is crispy and fruit is juicy. Eat plain or plop on a bit of yogurt or ice cream. I've also made larger recipes for a crowd, but ramekins are so nice for when I want one just for me.

That sounds amazing! Definitely going to try this for sure! Thanks for the great idea :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Not a dessert, but I've made individual pot pies and shepherd's pie in them.
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Individual pies, soups, mini pasta bakes, apple crumble
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    maybe any of the muffin recipes cut in half -little bigger so maybe a longer cooking or baking time - like those egg breakfast things - or biscuit stuffed cups
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    baked meatloaf servings, casserole servings, pretty much anything that you wish to portion out. They pop easy in micro too.

As for desserts, my all time fav in ramekins is Crème brûlée.
    Just can't go wrong.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I make individual lasagnas and sherpards pie in large ramekins. This recipe for shrimp stacks from skinnytaste.com is also amazing:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-california-shrimp-stack/

I have made the shrimp stacks in mini plastic dessert cups (left it in the cup) for parties and they were a huge hit.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I cook eggs (little quiches) and put puddings in mine all the time.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Anything you can make in a big tin you can make in a little tin, only cuter. It won't take as long to cook. I have made

http://www.food.com/recipe/rhubarb-crisp-93946

http://www.sweetgraceslife.com/tag/single-serve-angel-food-cake/

http://www.laaloosh.com/2014/01/27/crustless-quiche-recipe/
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I like to do french onion soup in ramekins -- means that I can do the bread and gruyere individually, so it doesn't get soggy.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I make individual lasagnas and sherpards pie in large ramekins. This recipe for shrimp stacks from skinnytaste.com is also amazing:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-california-shrimp-stack/

I have made the shrimp stacks in mini plastic dessert cups (left it in the cup) for parties and they were a huge hit.

@lporter -- I was just looking at that recipe, thinking it looked great, but then nixed it due to concerns about it falling apart. Doh! Of course, I can use ramekins. You are brilliant!!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You can make mini versions of almost anything in a ramekin :) I mostly use them for desserts but also make mini toad-in-the-holes in them. My dad uses them to make mini pies (chicken and mushroom, steak, cottage pie, etc) for my granddad.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I like individual baked mac and cheeses in those.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I love this blog, and she has a ton of recipes that are baked in individual ramekins: www.dessertfortwo.com
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @lamilli09 - I have made the shrimp stacks as she suggests using the measuring cup and I did not have any problem with them falling apart. I sprayed the cup with Pam first. But here are how the mini ones looked in the cups. I think I put the cucumber on the bottom and I put the soy sauce between the rice and the avocado and the siracha sauce on the top. Sorry, it's hard to see the rice due to the glare.
    cgh1xbxx5un6.jpg
    qm50doc567ny.jpg

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Pot pies!
  • m_halla110
    m_halla110 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make a spaghetti squash personal dish casserole. I use spaghetti squash, spaghetti sauce made using ground turkey, or veggies, low-fat cheese, and panko breadcrumbs for a crunchy topping. It's healthy, low-fat and delish!!!
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    Options
    Omg I want to try ALL of these!