1lb gain!!!!!!!! and ive done more exercise!!!!

Options
....thinks she may have gained a pound this week :( *SO SAD* official weigh in is Sunday so we shall see....

Replies

• ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    Don't stress about itti bitti numbers like 1 pound. It's probably water weight, food weight, or clothes.
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i know i shouldnt stress about it.....but that doesnt stop me lol
  • hillyhilly
    hillyhilly Posts: 20
    Options
    That happened to me, but it was very temporary, a day or two at most, I did stay the same that week though. That is the disadvantage of getting on the scales more often, you see all the ups as well as the downs. Just take the longer view, you're a stone down already, by thr end of next week you'll have more off.
  • dduke01
    dduke01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try to weigh yourself once a week at the same time. Usually when you wake up or after working out (before drinking water). Everyone fluxuates so dont get frustrated. When I use to weigh myself everyday I would gain five pounds and lose it in the same week.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    You've answered yourself in the title................

When you exercise your muscles hold on to fluids to repair and fuel themselves...when you up your exercise level your muscles will hold onto more...its a pound gain but one that will ultimately help you shift several more if you keep at the level you are.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I merely water. You weight will fluctuate due to water and remember that sodium intake will retain water. Keep close tabs on your sodium intake. :wink:
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone - its just a bit disheartening to see a gain on the scale. Ill be happy if on sunday the scales says the same weight and ive maintained, if not ill probably cry!!! :sad:
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise the day before an official weigh in to give my muscles a chance to drain the water off! So far it's worked :)
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone - its just a bit disheartening to see a gain on the scale. Ill be happy if on sunday the scales says the same weight and ive maintained, if not ill probably cry!!! :sad:

I'm the same, I know its silly but some times it feels like we try so hard and don't get the results we deserve. Then other weeks are easier. The bigger picture is we have come so far and we will keep going until you get there. Days like these are part of the challenge. Have you taken measurements?! They seem to go down for me more than the scale on weeks i exercise a lot!

Good luck xx