Losing weight too fast (?)

Options
I started eating healthy and working out 9 days ago. I didn't weight myself at the beginning because I was scared of what I might see on the scale. But few days in, I did it and it showed 115,1 kg (I'm 172cm tall). My goal is to go down to 75kg which is a lot of kilorgrams to lose but I have a diet plan and I work out at home with some beginner workout videos and I go to swimming pool almost every day. And last few days I was very surprised seeing 113.9, 113,1 and today 112,1kg. I know I should be jumping in the air but I think I googled weight loss way too much and I'm terrified of my skin hanging on my body because it would shrink with me fast enough.
So could someone explain me if it's normal to lose up to 1kg/day? What should I do to make sure my skin will not stay lose? I don't know, I'm really confused because I didn't expect any results that soon. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Anyways thanks for any responses in advance!

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Well, in the beginning, a huge drop in weight isn't too unusual. You're expected to lose a lot of water weight. As long as you're following MFP or a TDEE calculator, like Scooby's, you can just keep doing what you're doing and see where you are in a month. If you're loss is still abnormally high, eat more.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It won't stay that way forever. Like CooCoo said, it's water retention. It can build back up occasionally too, so unless you are consistently losing weight that quickly for weeks/months on end it's not worrisome.
  • yantari
    yantari Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have around 500-600 calories deficit almost everyday because of the workouts and my work (I make around 7k steps just at work) but I'm never hungry. I'm following my diet plan and hitting around 2200 calories daily with my four healthy meals. And my predicted weight loss was supposed to be around 1kg/week not 1kg a day. I guess I just really wanna do it right that's why I'm freaking out a bit. Thank you!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day? Are you using a food scale?

Weight loss comes down to a calorie deficit. At first some people do see a sudden drop on the scale. If your scale continues to show large losses then I would suggest raising your calories up some

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    yantari wrote: »
    I have around 500-600 calories deficit almost everyday because of the workouts and my work (I make around 7k steps just at work) but I'm never hungry. I'm following my diet plan and hitting around 2200 calories daily with my four healthy meals. And my predicted weight loss was supposed to be around 1kg/week not 1kg a day. I guess I just really wanna do it right that's why I'm freaking out a bit. Thank you!

All of that sounds reasonable so no need to freak. But as other mention, there is a lot of initial weight loss that tends to decrease and even stop as you get down in weight. Just keep doing the right things like you are and you'll be golden.
  • yantari
    yantari Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It prolly sound ridiculous to some but I have never done it before and I'm blessed I found MFP and its community to clear even the stupidest of my doubts. Thank you guys so much!