For the full text single parents

Options
Hi my name is Melissa. I've been struggling with my weight since I had my last child about 18 months ago. I'm a full time student, work part time, and a single parent. Any advice, inspiration, or recipes, etc. Would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, looking for some friends to help keep me on track and vice versa :)

Replies

• Shannyzo1
    Shannyzo1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :# Hi Melissa, I'm Shannon. I too have a full plate like you, FT work, FT school & FT mommy!!! I'm with you!! My only advice is we have to carve time away for us to take care of ourselves. Add me, it's always great to have support. That's helps me a lot
  • otterbx
    otterbx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We started off with low carb for 30 days, less then 30-50g a day and saw significant progress. Then you up it a bit to more sustainable levels but focus is on limiting starch and sugar (bread, rice, processed foods, soda, etc). Although most meats are ok downside is you need to watch cholesterol.
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was a single parent with three daughters as well as working full time, difficult times but great fun, best thing I did was get my girls into their fitness, as they got older we started singing off the same hymn sheet on certain things one of those things being our fitness and what we ate, they love the gym.
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I am a sigle parent from NY i dont know if this thread is for just single Moms but just daying hi and also on this weight loss journey. @Melissam727 and @Shannyzo1 where are you from ?