how many calories each meal?

Options
: how many calories do you guys eat for each meal for the 1200-1500 (female-male) min. calorie net? I am supposed to net 1280 a day, I try to make my breakfast the largest meal of the day but sometimes find that i will exercise enough that by the end of the day I have a little more eating to do lol. I would just like to know what everyone eats as far as calories are concerned for each part of the day. thanks all. :happy:

Replies

• jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    I generally eat in 4 meals. 200-300 for each, plus snacks. My fourth meal is usually almost entirely earned through exercise. I try to eat more evenly throughout the day as opposed to forcing myself to have a big breakfast.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    my breakfast and dinner are what i try to have the most calories in... unfortunately i usually don't eat until lunch time because nothing sounds good. so usually dinner is my biggest meal but my first meal or the day is usually uncooked food maybe a hard boiled egg so i feel like i get the most nutrients from that. today my first meal was cottage cheese, almonds, cherries and a fuze.
  • NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    About 300 to 400 for 3 meals then about 300 to 400 in 3 snacks.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    My meals usually get larger as the day goes on. I eat 150-250 cal breakfast, lunch, snacks. It leaves me with a lot for dinner to make up. I go for 4-6 meals a day. My diary is open if you'd like to look.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I only eat lunch and dinner, so about 600-800 lunch and 600-800 dinner.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I eat 4 times a day and 400 calories per meal every 4 hours. 1 of the four usually consists of a fruit smoothie and a palm full of nuts.
  • merceah
    merceah Posts: 51
    Options
    thank you all for your responses I figure most if not all try to make them mostly even throughtout the day. For those of you eating three 400 calorie meals is this due to no exercise? I guess by the end of my day I am having to eat almost 2700 total calories a day just to hit the 1280 net. Am I doing this wrong? should i be eating 1280 and if i exercise it just takes away what i have ate for the day??? I thought I keep seeing to eat back all the calories you burn, but I might be lacking understanding??? HELP!!! :frown:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your responses I figure most if not all try to make them mostly even throughtout the day. For those of you eating three 400 calorie meals is this due to no exercise? I guess by the end of my day I am having to eat almost 2700 total calories a day just to hit the 1280 net. Am I doing this wrong? should i be eating 1280 and if i exercise it just takes away what i have ate for the day??? I thought I keep seeing to eat back all the calories you burn, but I might be lacking understanding??? HELP!!! :frown:

Eating back exercise calories is important, but if you are burning 1400 calories a day in exercise, you might want to tone it down. The most I burn from exercise in a day is about 250. What are you doing to burn that much?
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I eat 200-300 each meal usually, 400 if I'm fueling myself for a particular reason (exercising or similar)
    My snacks are 100-200.
    It means I get to graze all day and spread out my calories. I don't like to go too long without food, so I like to have some fruit or nuts on hand.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    150/200 for Breakfast
    150/200 for lunch
    Usually 600/700 for dinner
    + snacks (usually 200/300 worth depending on whether I've exercised or not).
  • Grumpelina
    Grumpelina Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Eating back exercise calories is important, but if you are burning 1400 calories a day in exercise, you might want to tone it down. The most I burn from exercise in a day is about 250. What are you doing to burn that much?

Not that I'm criticising you in any way - but an hour's jogging burns around 750 calories. I wouldn't call exercising for an hour a day particularly excessive.

(I also tend to wind down with a half hour swim - about 250 kcal)
  • thisbitch
    thisbitch Posts: 26
    Options
    I usually do 400 for breakfast and 300 for both lunch and dinner with a couple snacks in between.
  • merceah
    Options

I have to account for the 750 calories I burn each day for nursing my baby as to be able to produce enough milk, my babies pediatric physician said that I can safely lose weight if I am counting her calorie needs as well. In addition to feeding my baby I do aerobic exercise, dance exercise, walking, and pilates daily. I have been doing this for 1 week and have already lost three pounds, so apparently the doctor was right. which is always nice for me :happy:
  • DeanDowney
    DeanDowney Posts: 22
    Options
    [/quote]

So If I eat 1200, my goal, and then exercise 600 I need to eat those 600? What if I don't eat back the "leftovers"? :embarassed:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am on 1220 cals per day (before any exercise) and dinner is usually my largest meal.

I keep dinner within 450 - 550 cals though and wathc my portion size of carbs. If I workout I still keep my evening meal with 450 -550 but have a few extra snacks throughout the day

I have lost all my weight this way...
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1300 a day. So for breakfast i have roughly 200, (no more), for lunch i have around 300. For tea i have between 500-600. and then i have 3 snacks throughout the day which are under 100 :)
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    I try to burn about 600 cals/day or more... and have a 1200 cal diet. that means I get about 1800 calories to eat total each day. YAY! LOL
    I try to eat about 300 for breakfast and 300 for lunch, which gives me a few 200 calorie snacks and the rest to play with for dinner. I don't always manage to eat back all my calories, but I get pretty close.
    Good luck! It sounds like because you are nursing, you need to be eating your exercise calories back. You are getting good results, so keep at it :) The equation WORKS!
  • merceah
    Options
    Thank you country girl, That really makes a lot of sense, and helped me so much. I was starting ro doubt my understanding of this program, but you helped me to see I am working in the right direction. I appreiciate everyones help. Thanks again. :flowerforyou: