700 calories left... though my diary looks good, right?

Options
hbunting86
hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
Argh so many calories left at the end of the day... what do I do?

Any ideas on my diary guys!

H :)

Replies

• Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You could sell them to me - I only have 6 left!:smile:
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    if it was me, i would save it for a day when i was hungary, but if not, just eat peanut butter, toast and eggs
  • StrawberrySprinkles
    Options
    I'm by far...not a diet expert. lol I guess that's why I'm here.

However, it seems your lunch was very light and your breakfast. I would recommend in order to get an even amount of energy through out the day to divide your calories into 4 or 5 groups and set them at roughly even intervals. Kind of like having 3 main meals and two snacks or 4 meals and a snack kind of thing.

HIH.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm by far...not a diet expert. lol I guess that's why I'm here.

However, it seems your lunch was very light and your breakfast. I would recommend in order to get an even amount of energy through out the day to divide your calories into 4 or 5 groups and set them at roughly even intervals. Kind of like having 3 main meals and two snacks or 4 meals and a snack kind of thing.

HIH.

That's what I do. I also note you've not met your protein target. I'd snack on some nuts.
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What do you feel like - with so many calories left you could treat yourself to something really yummy and not worry about it. I would have something you really enjoy but would look carefully at how little you are having for breakfast and lunch.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. you are clearly eating healthily although I'd say you could beef up your main meals a bit and you would easily be able to eat more of your daily calorie goal. This would mean you wouldn't need to snack as much. It also depends if you are hungry or not :)

Another thing you can do is add some higher-calorie options to some meals - so like some avocado and nuts to lunch and maybe some extra olive oil to dinner.

It's hard to get the balance right :happy:
  • StrawberrySprinkles
    Options
    I've become a sucker for ensuring I've got energy throughout the day else I'll end up laying on the bed and falling asleep hours and hours before bedtime feeling absolutely knacked.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    In the future, if you know you're going to work out and burn 600 calories, spread them over your day. Plan ahead. It's ok to eat the calories BEFORE you do the exercise, as long as you actually do the exercise!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Good idea - I never used to eat breakfast at all so it still feels like a lot at the moment and I make an effort to do it... but I'm sure with time it'll become my favourite meal. I try to not have carbs in the evening, although I'm starting kickboxing soon so will include them on those days. Avocado is a really good idea - I don't eat a lot/if any meat as I'm not really keen which is the protein problem... where else can I get that from?

I like to try to get more than 5 a day in... but obviously need to bulk out on other stuff!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i looked at your diary for afew days ago , i'm more worried by the fact that you are usualy under 1200 , this can slow your weight lose and do harm to your body!

plan ahead , log the food in the morning, add olive oil to you veg or salad , don't buy low fat options, add nuts for snacks, drink a glass of milk but please keep your calories up. 1200 is for a small sedentry woman i'm 5' 4' desk job and lose weight on 1500 (i'm 50)

Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey