anyone else doing 1200 calories?

Options
Hi I am doing 1200 calories and was wondering if there anyone else?I am new to calories and discover there even cal on fruit I know where have I been ,well I figure there was some for bananas but doing WW on/off guess it where I thought there was none anyways looking to see if there anyone ant to chat with me compare what they eat .I was on bed rest/bored so all I did was snack/eat drink coffee and was doing 1900 + cal once I log on no wonder I gain 10 lbs under month Thanks

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories. My diary is boring (typically I meal prep and eat the same thing for lunch and dinner for several days). This week it was shredded chicken taco meat, taco sauce, and cheese melted over it.

If you plan ahead a little, it isn't a big deal at all!

Feel free to add me or to ask me any questions!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Um yeah I follow a 1200 calorie diet
  • cmcary1986
    cmcary1986 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm also doing 1200 calories.

I don't do any meal planning but I measure out most of what I eat. I'm mostly doing this to change how I view food and amounts. Also as a practice is learning when I'm hungry and not just bored (I bored eat, thats always been an issue for me).
    I also watch my sugar and carb intake. I *try* to not have more than 30g of sugar a day...mostly added sugars. So I don't include naturally occurring sugars in fruit. But, things like coffee (if you add flavoring or sugar) I track the sugar there. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Its been nearly a year since I started losing weight with MyFitnessPal, I've gone up and down with my weight during that time. Now, I'm down nearly 30lbs and I'm at the lightest I've been in 4 years.

ETA: I also highly suggest getting a FitBit (or other tracker) that works with MyFitnessPal. It's been incredibly helpful seeing roughly what I burn off in a day (just generally speaking, not exercising).
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 cal a day, if you wish to look at my diary send me a message and I will give you the code. I do meal prep.I use an applewatch to measure exercise and how calorie burn daily. I do not eat back calories. I do note on the days I consume over 1200 which hasnt been lately. Good luck.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Me too! I have been doing 1200 cals since I think just after New Years, and I have dropped over 80 pounds since last October. I dont find myself hungry at all. I do plan out my meals, and find that because I dont eat breakfast, I have plenty of calories for when I really crave something or am hungry, like at night. So far, so good!
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 calories and have my diary open to friends. I log (and weigh) everything. I love food and cooking. Add me if you'd like.
  • hikernut53
    hikernut53 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing 1200 calories a day. I measure everything that doesn't come in a package (to make sure I accurately account for the calories.) I also love that stores are carrying pre-made salads. Many of them are under 300 calories and make great lunches! There is a wide variety so I don't get bored. I also make sure I have some fruit and something else for snacks. My current favorite is a bag of sugar snap peas...yummy and low calorie. I've lost almost 40 lbs since January with this system - plus exercise.
  • tanyabnrd795
    tanyabnrd795 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is great news I am on 1200 calories and not doing so well. But all of you are encouraging that it an be done
    I work two jobs and get hungry at night. I like someone said save a few calories for nighttime
    Thankyou
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    1,200 is too low for me, and it set me up for bingeing.
    If you find this happening, up your calories by 100.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hi I am doing 1200 calories and was wondering if there anyone else?I am new to calories and discover there even cal on fruit I know where have I been ,well I figure there was some for bananas but doing WW on/off guess it where I thought there was none anyways looking to see if there anyone ant to chat with me compare what they eat .I was on bed rest/bored so all I did was snack/eat drink coffee and was doing 1900 + cal once I log on no wonder I gain 10 lbs under month Thanks

OP, something doesn't really add up here IMHO. In order to gain that much weight on 1900-2000 cals per day your maintenance would need to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 950-1000 cals.
  • Martha6010
    Martha6010 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 calories my diary is open. Add me if youd like
  • Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 and 2 days a well i go to 1500
  • missionsbound
    missionsbound Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try to stay at 1200. Some days I struggle to get 1000. Other days I hit 1300. My diary is open to friends. Feel free to add me.