martamadness
martamadness Posts: 10 Member

Replies

• martamadness
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It didn't post what I actually wrote.
    If there are any RNs out here, I'll take any advice, support, prayer, miracle... Send it all.
  • martamadness
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    It didn't post what I actually wrote.

Should I delete my "congrats"?

Haha I'll take it
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    advice: don't overthink and use common sense

it's really a fairly easy exam if you don't let it get to your head!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    RN here. Here's my advice.

Study a little every day, but don't stress. Set aside like an hour for study. But don't study the day before the exam. Let your brain rest.

During the test, try to figure out what the question is specifically asking. There will be like 2 answers that are dead wrong, and then there will be 2 answers that COULD be correct. Go back to the question and see what the question is specifically asking.

That's the best advice I can give you. Good luck!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I used a Kaplan study guide and it really helped with the testing strategy. Good luck!
  • Rom3oJuli3tt
    Rom3oJuli3tt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
  • trvshm
    trvshm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Also recommend a Kaplan course. Read the question carefully but don't read too much into it. Relax and you'll do fine. Try to avoid a big life change like buying a house or moving until you take it. The test is really stupid so don't stress out while you're taking it!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Wel done. I am still in nursing school for another two years! We don't have that exam here in my country but have to do a graduate program after the degree. I found this awesome website that might help. I use it all the time as a study resource :smiley:

https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/nclex-rn
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Nurse here, too! I truly believe that you have everything you need to test already! Breathe, relax and trust your instincts!
  • stublerm
    stublerm Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Don't stress over it. Don't over think it. You already have all the information you need to pass the test. That's what you've been going to school for and you've made it this far. Don't put hours and hours of study time in before testing. You either already know it or you dont. Good luck!
  • SaraAnne329
    SaraAnne329 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Best advice I can give you as a fellow nurse-- if you start freaking out during the exam, take a few deep breaths. You know the drill and you probably know the answer if you take a second to re-read tough questions and calm your nerves.

And as you're a new nurse- if you're in a situation where a patient is going south - do the same thing. Those 3 seconds will calm your nerves, calm your hands if they're shaking, and allow you to rock any patient situation...

Kaplan has great books and courses. Do a few questions a day and read the rationale, even when you answer correctly. You've got this! Let me know if I can help!
  • curvylicious369
    curvylicious369 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats chick! It's a hard test but not near impossible the way the instructors used to speak of it. I studied a lot but didn't go overboard. I graduated and passed my exams so I was sure I would at least know some stuff. Read the entire question and all answers before selecting. In a panic I tried to breeze through some questions and I realized after I clicked that I messed up. I love the practice tests you can take at home. They're a big help to prepare you how the test works. Also, I recommend taking the test soon after graduation while things are still fresh in your mind. I know some people who Wait 6-12 months and they always seem to do worse. If you fail, not the end of the world. You gained some insight and can take it again. Also if the machine shuts off mid test don't worry. Doesn't mean you failed. I only had to take half the test. Good luck :)