Ladies... EXTREME monthly cravings!?

Options
During that "time" of the month I get EXTREME cravings for chocolate / sweet things. Today, I just ate so much sugary cereal and 3 chocolate granola bars. I usually love sweets... but it is this one week when I literally cannot resist. Anyone else? How do you stop just going all out? (by the way, I live with my family so cannot keep it out of the house)

Replies

• Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I had that issue too. For me, my fix is a box of skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. 120 calories...ehh better than a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups lol

And it curbed my crazy cravings
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow, weight watchers, any brand of low calorie treat will help keep the damage down. Also, before eating those, fill up on vegetables so you won't be ravenous when you start eating the treats, and hopefully thus not eat as many of them.
  • druasmith
    druasmith Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Things that curb cravings:

Hot tea
    dill pickles
    brushing your teeth

Also the phytoestrogens in soy milk can help with premenstrual symptoms and they make it in chocolate, which you can microwave. Just keep it to one cup at a time. Portion control.
  • Dragonsurfergirl
    Dragonsurfergirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Rinsing your mouth out with mouthwash also works.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You actually can resist :) Don't buy the food, don't have it in your house. You can do it!
  • TswvNplooj
    TswvNplooj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm on mine too and I find that sucking on mint helps. It's better than chewing gum.
  • DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm facing this issue right now. ... and appreciate this thread. I like to eat a spoonful of peanut butter. Tbh. Haha
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I get "snacky" and go foraging in my kitchen. No chocolates, crisps, biscuits or sweeties to be found though so it's usually just another mug of tea.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    This happens to me so much! I just grab some cucumbers and ranch and go to town while drowning myself with water. I crave more salty than sweet foods.

Make sure to have healthy tastey snacks at home. Designate an entire shelf in the fridge and cupboard to healthy foods since you live with family. It's honestly just all will power. The first couple of monthlys will be the hardest.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I just go all out. I don't think mine are cravings. I'm just very hungry - ravenous. Stomach growling etc. I eat and eat and eat. I only go by about 300-400 cals above maintenance at most so I'm not bothered. No plans to torture myself.