How do I stop snacking on candy and fast food?

Options
I started about 3 months ago and was doing great lost 12 lbs in 2 months but this last month I been stuck at 160 and can't stop eating chocolates, chips or just fast food help I need motivation.

Replies

• DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well it's take approximately 21 days to form a habit.

Log . Every. Little. Bite.

Remember how you feel after you eat the food and strive to make a conscious effort to eat cleaner next time.
  • DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You got this, you are worth it.
  • alainna2012
    alainna2012 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have to log every little bite huh I dont do it.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you figure it out let me know. I would love to know. ;-)
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I warned myself down. I had a candy dish in my office and used to fill it with stuff I loved. I gradually replaced those with some I could take or leave and when I got to where the last ones I loved were to be replaced I replaced them with small size dark chocolate because there are health benefits to it.

The next step was to limit myself to one with morning coffee and one in the afternoon and gradually to one a day then every other day until I was down to once a week. Now I can take them or leave them. Good luck !!
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This was me 2 weeks ago, what i did is i threw away all the candy i had in my fridge you know the good candy "See's Candy's" .. and I began transitioning with CaveMan Nutrition Bars, they have chocolate but its full with nuts. I also began making myself smoothies, the fruit that i mix in makes it sweet so those two covered my sweet tooth.. I also began snacking on grapes, strawberries, peaches, anything that has 'sweet' in them... and until today i haven't craved chocolate or any type of candy. And to be honest i don't feel that i miss having any type of candy and ice cream. I was a big time ice cream lover i would serve myself 2 full cups of ice cream and I mean those drinking cups where you serve water or any other drinks. The other day I counted the calories that I would normally eat and it brought it up over 1,000 calories. Also logging every single thing that i ate in my fitness pal will make you more conscious on what you eat... like it was mentioned above it takes 21 days to make it a habit, take it slow.. try cutting off the candy if not begin with fast food.. I suggest you to do meal prep, this will also help you avoid buying fast food because you'll have in mind that there's food at home. Before I began with the whole meal prepping I would eat Chipotle, McDonalds, Del Taco like 3 times a week if not 4...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I started about 3 months ago and was doing great lost 12 lbs in 2 months but this last month I been stuck at 160 and can't stop eating chocolates, chips or just fast food help I need motivation.

It's not about food type (chocolates, chips, fast food), it's about the overeating. Allow yourself to enjoy the foods you love within your calorie goal.

Weigh your food, log everything you eat, don't deprive yourself of foods you love.

Really, you have control over food, it does not have control over you. It's all about choice.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Willpower. If you want to drop under what you weigh now you are going to have to put in the extra effort to stop snacking and eating fast food.

Nope. You can eat snacks and fast food and still lose weight. You just need to eat less calories than you burn.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    ...Del Taco...

Mmmm....just one of many reasons to live in CA, and one of many reasons to NOT live in CA. ;)

Man, that's good stuff!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have to log every little bite huh I dont do it.

Yes. If you want to take losing weight seriously, log everything.

And it helps to pre-log. So if you really want a hamburger, pre-log it and see what you might have to give up in order to have the hamburger.

Oh, and just in general, stop buying the stuff. Save your money for something worthwhile. $10 worth of fast food and candy each week works out to $520 by the end of the year. That's a weekend away somewhere ... several great pairs of shoes or boots ... 6 months of a gym membership ... a new laptop ...

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Log everything and stick to your calorie goal. Get a food scale and use it to increase your accuracy.
    Your diet should be sustainable though. I really think if you aren't willing to give up a food for life you should learn to eat appropriate portion sizes. Eat the food you like and make it fit in your goal regularly.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Just as @zipp237 said, don't buy it. It's easier to practice self control in the store than the rest of the time.
    I keep candy in the house just so I can look at it and say no. I find it helps to say no over and over. I'll eat a piece every once in a while and then say no to a second piece. Then I log that one piece and I don't feel bad about it.

No to the second piece is much harder, but I like to show the candy who the real boss is.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    1 don't have it in the house
    2 you are allowed to eat it - if it's in your daily limit then just log it
    3 if you can't shake it off and chocolate makes life worth living then just include a small amount in your snack each day
    4 we all have our weaknesses (me: wine and butter. Not together) but in moderation of course they're part of your diet.
    5 you could lose weight just eating chocolate as long as you were under a certain amount of calories per day. But if your goal's healthier living then you've got to balance it out.
  • all_in_the_game
    all_in_the_game Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Binge watch death note on Netflix, the plot is really gripping.
  • alainna2012
    Options
    Wow guys thanks for all the advice. So I have tiramisu in my fridge I promise I wont eat and have also candy in my closet I will just give it away tomorrow . I will start logging every single little thing. I been stuck at 160 lbs this month and its frustating but Im not really trying I guess I honestly dont log everything I think I do or I just want to think I do but I dont. What do you mean eat less calories than you burn?
  • alainna2012
    Options
    Thank you everyone after reading your comments I feel so much more motivated Tomorrow its going to be a great start for me. Thanks again ❤