Losing weight in Hong Kong & need a friend?

Options
Ascverlaren
Ascverlaren Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2016 in Getting Started
Hello, I recently moved to the other side of the world and thought it was the perfect opportunity to lose weight. Lose a LOT...almost half my current weight. I'm ashamed to type that, but it is the reason why I'm here. Are you in the same boat? If so, I'd love it if we could support each othet, congratulate each other when we reach our milestones and (if needs be) kick each other in the bum to keep going when it gets hard.

If you live in Hong Kong and want to get fit together in person, that would be a bonus.

Either way, good luck on your journey, whether like me you are just starting out, or if your end goal is in site! Keep it up xx

Replies

• karenandmack
    karenandmack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I understand I feel the same way. I just now trying again. I plan to have surgery in about 2 months. Trying to follow the plan to make it much easier. I also need to lose half my weight. Keep your chin up and we can do this. Are you in Hong Kong with family?
  • Ascverlaren
    Ascverlaren Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just me and my husband, though everyone is itching to visit :smile:

I'm super lucky that there is a pool about 150 steps out the door. I went yesterday and again this morning. If I can keep going at least 3 times a week and swim continuously for an hour a time, I hope I'll see improvement within a few weeks.

Are you based in Hong Kong?
    My phone has tiny tiny buttons and I keep hitting send mid-type. Wanted to add, good luck with your surgery & if you want someone to egg you on, I'd be happy to. I underwent a minor procesure a few months ago and was mortified at being unable to lift myself from one bed to the next! It is part of what spurred me to look for help getting fit.