Intermittent Fasting + Women

Options
Nellegurl
Nellegurl Posts: 17 Member
Hey everyone. I wondered if anyone was interested or was doing I.F to lose weight. I know I am but I wanted to know if there was anyone else. I'm looking to lose 25 pounds and so far my weight has been yo-yoing up. I'm taking a closer look at the foods I consume to see how I can cut that out. Anywhoo if there's anyone out there trying IF to lose weight, let's discuss!!!

Replies

• JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    interested as well but i know nothing, please let me know if you find anything out
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I guess I inadvertently do it already. I usually eat between about 1pm and 10pm.
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I do, daily. I eat at 11 and 5 nothing in between or after...usually. Sometimes schedules get out of whack but on a basic day, that's how I eat.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I tried IF and I gained weight, I gained 5lbs, for some reason it didn't sit well with me. My body is just use to what I've been doing for years. Good luck
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    JoJo__Fit wrote: »
    I tried IF and I gained weight

Were you counting calories? IF isn't for everyone (my work schedule is too unpredictable to follow it), but you still have to make sure you're in a deficit to lose.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I usually eat between 1 and 9.
  • financelady12
    financelady12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. Today is my first day and I plan on a 7 hour eating window between 11 and 6pm. Clean ratting 1 cheat meal a week. Also adding fasting cardio every morning.
  • jpierson0122
    jpierson0122 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I experimented and I loved the freedom but it did not help me weight wise.... IF is iffy when it comes to women from what I've researched... Try and see how it goes! You never know.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I eat my first meal at 2pm and my last meal at 8pm. Intermittent fasting wasn't intentional for me, it just works with my schedule. I also enjoy having bigger meals and have always felt like breakfast makes me hungrier than if I wait to eat until lunch.
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Are you suppose to IF every day? Can you cheat on the weekends?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Are you suppose to IF every day? Can you cheat on the weekends?
    It's all boils down to CICO at the end of the day. I eat earlier or later no problem.

• bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    IF has nothing to do with your gender or extra weight loss. It's simply a strategy for those who like to eat big meals while staying in a caloric deficit.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    IF has nothing to do with your gender or extra weight loss. It's simply a strategy for those who like to eat big meals while staying in a caloric deficit.

Yup. I like big meals. I have no trouble packing in 1000 calories or more in 4 hours.

I just started the warrior diet. 20 hrs undereating and 4 hrs overeating. I just finished day 2.
  • easybeezy
    easybeezy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of success with it when I started my weight loss, and lost 30 lbs. ultimately I think it allowed me to eat two more substantial meals instead of splitting my calories between three meals, and I really loved it. I felt really good, and didn't even begin to feel hungry until it was time for the noon meal. However, now that I've got just 20 more to lose, I feel like it's completely stopped working. I still value the other benefits it lends the body, but I'm looking to change it up for the last troublesome pounds.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It's funny; IF feels like an eating disorder to me, even though I adhere to it. In my mind, I know I should just eat reasonable sized meals a couple of times a day and be healthy and satiated, rather than obsess about stuffing myself and feeling super full.

I still do it though. It feels rewarding to fast until 5pm and then just eating two 1000 calorie meals while being in a deficit. I guess it's a lot easier over the summer too, though. During school I feel obligated to carb up and bring snacks.
  • financelady12
    financelady12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    easybeezy wrote: »
    I had a lot of success with it when I started my weight loss, and lost 30 lbs. ultimately I think it allowed me to eat two more substantial meals instead of splitting my calories between three meals, and I really loved it. I felt really good, and didn't even begin to feel hungry until it was time for the noon meal. However, now that I've got just 20 more to lose, I feel like it's completely stopped working. I still value the other benefits it lends the body, but I'm looking to change it up for the last troublesome pounds.

Your body gets used to things. Try mixing it up by changing your fasting period or switch to 2 low calorie days/week.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't feel like an eating disorder. The point is not to wait until you're starving and then binge on huge meals. If you have issues with binge or emotional eating, this probably isn't for you. Yes, you can eat more at your meals when you're eating in a smaller window, but everyone uses it differently. My doctor put me on 17/7 for high triglycerides and I've lost 30 pounds since March. I usually eat 11-6. But, I'm not super strict on the exact hours everyday. Eating at a deficit is what makes you lose the weight, but IF definitely helps with hunger and you don't feel like you're on a diet. It also has tremendous health benefits for the body and blood and that's why my doctor subscribed it for me.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 intermittent fasting, usually. I skip breakfast (except for a coffee with a splash of milk), drink tea throughout the morning, then eat lunch around noon. Usually try to make it high protein and 500-700 calories. This then gives me about 1000 calories for dinner. It gives me a lot of freedom to eat whatever the rest of the family is eating at that meal. Plus, I stopped being hungry in the middle of the night. And it keeps my afternoon munchies to a minimum.

Not eating in the mornings gives me more time for my workouts then. It is very easy for me to manage my food environment in the morning at work, when I'm often busy with meetings, etc. It would be difficult for me to unintentionally snack just because of logistics. I would have to leave my office, walk a few blocks to Starbucks, order something, pay for it, listen to my husband complain about Starbucks bills ;-) etc. Whereas when I get home at 4:30 or 5 it is harder to resist a handful of cashews or a slice of cheese. So feeling less hungry during that time really works for me.

I also really never loved breakfast type foods, so don't miss eggs or cereal or oatmeal or whatever.

It would be a lie to say I wasn't sort of hungry around 10 or 11, but I can usually go for a quick walk and push through it til noon.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    AigreDoux wrote: »
    I do 16:8 intermittent fasting, usually. I skip breakfast (except for a coffee with a splash of milk), drink tea throughout the morning, then eat lunch around noon. Usually try to make it high protein and 500-700 calories. This then gives me about 1000 calories for dinner. It gives me a lot of freedom to eat whatever the rest of the family is eating at that meal. Plus, I stopped being hungry in the middle of the night. And it keeps my afternoon munchies to a minimum.

Not eating in the mornings gives me more time for my workouts then. It is very easy for me to manage my food environment in the morning at work, when I'm often busy with meetings, etc. It would be difficult for me to unintentionally snack just because of logistics. I would have to leave my office, walk a few blocks to Starbucks, order something, pay for it, listen to my husband complain about Starbucks bills ;-) etc. Whereas when I get home at 4:30 or 5 it is harder to resist a handful of cashews or a slice of cheese. So feeling less hungry during that time really works for me.

I also really never loved breakfast type foods, so don't miss eggs or cereal or oatmeal or whatever.

It would be a lie to say I wasn't sort of hungry around 10 or 11, but I can usually go for a quick walk and push through it til noon.

this! I like breakfast sometimes for dinner, but the only thing I can manage in the morning is a donut (or 2) or McDonald's. I do best when I skip it all together. I actually feel nauseous sometimes after eating breakfast. The hunger is there as you mentioned, but it is so much less once you get used to the schedule.

I could easily skip lunch also from a hunger aspect, but I enjoy the break and social part of lunch. I try to eat just enough to keep me from being too ravenous when I get home.