Green/lemon tea

Options
Does anyone on here find drinking the green/lemon tea helps? I'm trying it out and wondering if it does help??

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Helps what? Hydration?
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I used to prefer drinking green tea cold. It's meant to be great for burning fat. Don't really drink it now
  • vlhill11
    vlhill11 Posts: 53 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    danhib wrote: »
    I used to prefer drinking green tea cold. It's meant to be great for burning fat. Don't really drink it now

Yeah that's what I heard, also that it's a good detox for the body, I usually drink about 20 cups of coffee a day so I'm having green tea as an alternative
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    vlhill11 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I heard, also that it's a good detox for the body, I usually drink about 20 cups of coffee a day so I'm having green tea as an alternative

Sorry. You won't lose weight or "detox" from drinking green tea
  • vlhill11
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Helps what? Hydration?

Just in general I've heard it's a good fat burner and detox
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Helps what? Hydration?

Sorry that's "woo". Green tea is great to drink as an alternative to water. If you're coming off alot of coffee drinking, the cafeine may be a help to you.
  • vlhill11
    Options

Sorry. You won't lose weight or "detox" from drinking green tea

Ok thank you for your help
  • vlhill11
    Options
    Helps what? Hydration?

Sorry that's "woo". Green tea is great to drink as an alternative to water. If you're coming off alot of coffee drinking, the cafeine may be a help to you.

Great thank you I'll see how I get on
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    nah its just woo about green/lemon tea. But both are nice to drink and make a change from water.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Citrus juice brings out green tea's antioxidants, making them more available for your body to absorb. Very good for you.
  • vlhill11
    Options
    nah its just woo about green/lemon tea. But both are nice to drink and make a change from water.

Great thank you
  • vlhill11
    Options
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    Citrus juice brings out green tea's antioxidants, making them more available for your body to absorb. Very good for you.

I'm trying the lemon green tea at the minute
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Green tea has antioxidants, but that's about it. It isn't a fat burner, and your kidneys and liver do a very good job of detoxing you and if they aren't then you need a hospital, not a cup of tea. The whole 'detox' thing is just a way for companies to make money.

What's wrong with oxidants?
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I enjoy green tea for the taste. I hope it's "antioxidants" are helping but I can't really measure thatthat.

And the low caffeine means that I can frequently get up from my desk to refill it, which helps me have an excuse to move around at least an hour which you're supposed to do at a desk job. I fidget and get very distracted when I don't get up from my desk enough.
  • vlhill11
    Options
    So mixed opinions then lol
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Tea does nothing for your body but hydrate you.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @vlhill11 . I drink green tea every day, all day.
    As mentioned by @sylkates , it is great for hydration, if you get bored with plain water, if you do not wish to drink too much coffee, etc. You can walk a little bit to prepare the next tea cup.
    I agree with all posters that mentioned, there are no "fat burners". This and detoxes are myth created to separate desperate people from their money
    Keep on logging your food at MFP, use a digital food scale to weigh all your food, eat at a deficit to lose body weight
    Good luck in your healthy journey