Severe Plateau, But I'm Still Blessed

Options
I got lucky...

Even though I'm in a 4+ week plateau, this is the first one for me and it waited til I was oh so close to my goal weight.

If it had to happen, now is the perfect time, I am so much more prepared mentally for this than I would have been anywhere else along my journey.

I am also extremely grateful for finding MFP 3+ months ago now, what a fantastic place to meet like minded individuals, throw ideas off and share success stories with.

This is a journey of a lifetime, make it special! And make it forever, it's so worth it!

Replies

• cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Same with me! I have lost 95lbs and first time being stuck for about 4 weeks now. I m not freaking at all, Just working out harder and changing things. Kind of enjoying knowing that I am so close to my goal and it will happen.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck since early May but I think this will be my week to break through!

Good luck to you!
  • rob504
    rob504 Posts: 79
    Options
    That's a great attitude you have there and I hope I can emulate it when and if I hit a plateau. Keep on track my friend. As you say it's a marathon and not a sprint we have here.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Wowie what progress you have made in such a short time! And to think I am still irked that it has taken almost 2 months to lose a few..... but hey, as long as the scale doesn't keep moving up and I keep moving around I am happy! Way to go!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love your outlook(:
    You'll pull out of it! Plateau's are crappy, but they pass.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Great article Kristen, thanks.

I've been toying with the idea of a 24 hour fast soon if I don't break through with the recent increase of exercise I've been doing this week.
  • JulianDaley
    JulianDaley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been toying with the idea of a 24 hour fast soon if I don't break through with the recent increase of exercise I've been doing this week.

I'm in a very similar situation to you. Lost around 32lb, 8 to go to normal BMI. Haven't lost anything for 5 weeks now. I'm going to try some HIIT sessions (as well as strenght training and some longer cardio sessions) and might also try a 24-hour fast once a week.

Good luck!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options

I'm in a very similar situation to you. Lost around 32lb, 8 to go to normal BMI. Haven't lost anything for 5 weeks now. I'm going to try some HIIT sessions (as well as strenght training and some longer cardio sessions) and might also try a 24-hour fast once a week.

Good luck!

Best of luck to you. I joined our local YMCA today and will be taking advantage of the pool and many other amenities in hopes of finally breaking through myself.

Time to switch things up a bit here, I think my body got used to my normal routine or something.

-Scot