Vegan friends? I need help

Options
nicole2792
nicole2792 Posts: 23 Member
Decided to cut meat out 2 months ago and just recently decided to cut dairy.
Now it seems that all I'm eating are CARBS :neutral:

I'm looking for vegans with open food journals so I can get different meal ideas please.
Thanks! :blush:

Replies

• druasmith
    druasmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't want to open my food journal but those vegan faux chicken 'griller strips' from the frozen food aisle always give a big boost my protein score, and they make great salad toppers. They're made of soy and gluten, if you're okay with those. There's also some good recipes in the Happy Herbivores group, which you might want to join if you haven't already.
  • nicole2792
    Options
    thanks I'll check it out!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to check my diary. I'm a vegetarian but I eat mostly vegan. :)
  • nicole2792
    Options
    thanks, I'm going to check it out for ideas
    :)
  • Miss_s_louise73
    Miss_s_louise73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan :)
  • MYork28
    MYork28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! Day 3 of vegan weight loss. I was a vegetarian for 15 years but only went vegan 6 weeks ago. I'm posting my food daily on instagram at the_vegan_mom. My food diary is also public on here, trying to lose weight now. :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for about ten years -- I get most of my protein from tofu, tempeh, beans (which have a fair number of carbohydrates, but are a great source of protein *and* fiber), seitan, and protein powder (hemp, soy, or rice based). If you eat those regularly and use vegetables to round out your meals, it's not too hard to meet your needs for protein.
  • tanyabnrd795
    tanyabnrd795 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Morning star has a variety of meatless meats that are so satisfying.
    The Daniel fast recipes are grateful meatless dishes and you
    will be amazed at how great they taste :) oh in the health food section of your grocery store they have a variety of foods to eat.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Morning star has a variety of meatless meats that are so satisfying.
    The Daniel fast recipes are grateful meatless dishes and you
    will be amazed at how great they taste :) oh in the health food section of your grocery store they have a variety of foods to eat.

While they have a handful of products that are appropriate for vegans, many Morningstar products contain eggs and/or dairy.
  • druasmith
    druasmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The griller strips - no breading, not patties, specifically "griller strips" - are vegan. They may not be entirely "clean," but they're vegan.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    druasmith wrote: »
    The griller strips - no breading, not patties, specifically "griller strips" - are vegan. They may not be entirely "clean," but they're vegan.

Have you tried washing them off before eating them?
  • cassy_cake
    cassy_cake Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started logging, so u can check my diary out :) Have been basically over eating and gained weight so i'm gonna try lowering my calories. But yeah ^^