How much do you drink.

Options
I have high blood pressure and notice when I drink lots of fluids the next day my bp is all out of wack.
I do not have anything wrong with my kidneys as a month ago was tested.
So I went online and found that when some people drink lots of fluids it helps lower bp but some people it's the opposite as puts too much water in the body.
Yesterday I drank:
2 teas in my big cup 500ml each
1 liter of pop
3 500 ml bottles of water
1 my cup with straw full of water 710ml

I was not thirsty I just drank for some reason I notice I've been doing this a lot lately.

May I ask how much you drink and I know drink when thirsty I'm just asking. Thank you

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    According to what I logged yesterday I had:
    7 cups coffee (8oz each)
    6 cups water (250ml each)

That's pretty typical of my day, though I usually have about 9-10 cups water but had company last night and just didn't notice.
  • bigmangettingsmall
    bigmangettingsmall Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    7 cups coffee (8oz each)

That's pretty typical of my day, though I usually have about 9-10 cups water but had company last night and just didn't notice.

So over 3 liters with your extra would be 4 liters wow I thought I drank a lot.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    7 cups coffee (8oz each)

So over 3 liters with your extra would be 4 liters wow I thought I drank a lot.

I like my coffee :)
    And my co-workers like living.
    So it all works out for everyone.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I have high blood pressure and notice when I drink lots of fluids the next day my bp is all out of wack.
    So I went online and found that when some people drink lots of fluids it helps lower bp but some people it's the opposite as puts too much water in the body.
    Yesterday I drank:
    1 liter of pop

I was not thirsty I just drank for some reason I notice I've been doing this a lot lately.

May I ask how much you drink and I know drink when thirsty I'm just asking. Thank you

That's over 4 litres of fluid, so that is a lot, especially when you weren't even thirsty. Maybe cut down a bit and see how your bp changes. Do you measure your bp at home then to know it changes after lots of fluids?

• Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You said your blood pressure was out of wack. Was it too high or too low? A change in weight, either gaining or losing, can impact the dose you need. It might not be related to the amount of water you drink. Did you let your provider know about the blood pressure wackiness?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    When you drink a lot of water your sodium levels are altered.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I work in a basement that is very dry, so I drink about 6 cups of water, a cup of coffee in the morning, a can of Coke Zero at lunch. At home, I drink maybe another 2 cups of water, and generally another Coke Zero with dinner.
  • bigmangettingsmall
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Yesterday I drank:
    1 liter of pop

That's over 4 litres of fluid, so that is a lot, especially when you weren't even thirsty. Maybe cut down a bit and see how your bp changes. Do you measure your bp at home then to know it changes after lots of fluids?

I measure it at home through out the day it fluctuates a lot as everyone's does but I find the day after I drink lots it's way worse.
  • bigmangettingsmall
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    When you drink a lot of water your sodium levels are altered.

Maybe that's the problem upping my liquids and less sodium as I'm eating better.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I came here for drinks ....