Missed My Goal Once more =(

Options
I am kinda bummed out today (not horribly bad but just a little)......one of my MAJOR weight loss goals deadline was today and I missed it by 1.2 lbs =( This is after having to reseet my goals a month ago because I missed it then too. I have only lost 8.2 lbs in the month of June and I am disappointed in myself =( I really wanted to hit my 50 lbs loss mark by July 1......=(

OK I am finished whining.....I significantly changed up my work out last Monday in an effort to shock my body and so I am hoping in a week or two the weight loss will pick up speed again and I will be back losing a little faster. I would really really like to be at goal (41.2 more lbs) by December 1. That gives me 5 months and that's only 8.3 lbs per month....I CAN do this!!!!

Replies

• MandyGlinda
    MandyGlinda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    But I think you've done well - 8.2 lbs in a month is about 2 a week which is surely what you want? I think you should be congratulating yourself !!!! Looking at your ticker - you've done brilliantly !
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You said it...... "YOU CAN DO THIS!" ;)
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    8.2 pounds a month is really good progress. It's great to have goals, but make sure they are realistic!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above: You are doing great - 2lb a week is the recommended max!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey, Well Done!!!!! That is a great accomplishmentit is disappointing when we don't meet our goals, we build up these expectations in our heads, which is great because we need goals to stay focused! I'm trying to see my goals as guidelines and as long as I've put in 100percent effort I know I have succeeded...I had a bad couple of days this week after gaining weight despite all my best efforts, I fell in a heap because I was mentally and physically exhausted from pushing myself too hard...I'm trying to be kinder to myself and remember that I am doing the best I can right now...keep up the good work, you should be proud!!
  • broxi1979
    broxi1979 Posts: 30
    Options
    That sounds like great progress, draw a quick and simple little line chart with bi-weekly points and see what a sharp decline in weight that really is. Anything close to 8lbs per month is very good, if you started of losing 10-14 per month, then as you lose that initial extra weight, the progress has got to slow down.

Well done.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    you lost 8.2lbs in a month and you are BUMMED? I am totally confused. A lot of people would KILL to have that kind of loss. I lost 165lbs total. 70lbs in the first month( which can happen when you are really overweight) and then 90lbs over the next 2.5 years. That averages to 4.5lbs a month for the whole 3 years. You have doubled that amount. Be proud of yourself and be more patient, it will happen.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    When I started this (3/27/11) I set my first goal too- and missed it by a week by about the same am't.
    Feeling so DIScouraged and DEfeated, I realized that I NEEDED to change not just my eating habits, but the mental approach as well....I'm letting a NUMBER define who I am and dictate my feelings.
    The scale is just ONE gauge- just ONE.
    Are you feeling better? Are you seeing any improvements in your life since you started this? Is your weight steadily DEclining?
    Those answers are JUST AS IMPORTANT- NEVER EVER FORGET THAT!

You will hit the goal, this is a journey, this is a continual learning experience as we live a whole new lifestyle.

Best wishes to you as you KEEP on walking......and KEEP looking UP^
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.......
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    YOU DID TERRIFIC!!!!!!! Don't get down on yourself! You are doing a super job, you are losing, living healthier, and getting fitter! BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!!!
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    8.2 pounds a month is really good progress. It's great to have goals, but make sure they are realistic!

Oh boy do I know this......I so know this and yet I always set unrealistic goals for myself in everything I do. I have always been this way and thank you for pointing this out because sometimes I just need to hear that a few times to keep myself from feeling like a complete failure!

Thanks everyone for listening to me whine, but more than that, making me see that 8.2 lbs in a month is healthy and a good amount to lose so thanks for helping me put things back into perspective. I SO got this!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Just remember also that this isn't a sprint to the finish.. this is your life! If you don't quite get there as fast as you want, it's ok! You WILL get there, because you are determined and have a plan. You are a strong woman and I know you'll get there. Be proud of how far you've already come and know you're on the right track! That's more important than setting a time goal. Not that a time goal is bad, just be realisitc like everyone else pointed out. I'm thrilled with a pound a week average... it's slow and steady and I'm good with that. Remember to also enjoy your life!