Time to face the truth

Options

Replies

• mrsgoss
    mrsgoss Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added by anyone in this thread, I also like to live in a world of denial about my TRUE size in clothes. Monday I had a bit of a breakthrough...Breakdown? And I am hoping with support and some accountability from others and myself...I avoided this site for awhile after having some success years ago on here because I was living in denial...NO MORE!
  • cheers2012
    cheers2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, 198 (highest ever) and put on pounds in a stressful job. I have a new job, new attitude and want to stay motivated to lose about 45 pounds. I typically start out gung ho and burn out fast like a shooting star!! You guys sound like the perfect group of people who will help me stay motivated.
  • LiaMatilda
    LiaMatilda Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm so amazed by your courage and desire to get healthier☺️❤️ I admire you for being able to admit that to yourself and I'd love to help motivate you on this lifestyle change!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    @amandak822, why only 5 weeks? Why not stick to the plan as long as it takes to a) get to maintenance then b) maintain?

That's basically her plan. From her OP:
    my first goal is to log every bite of food that enters my mouth and all activity for the next 5 weeks and to stay within calorie range. Of course I plan on doing this longer, but I have to set a mini goal.

Solid plan, Amanda. And I'm glad to see you'll have what appears to be a reasonable Calorie goal.
  • divaweav
    divaweav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this Amandak822, I've been thinking over the past several weeks that it IS time and I'm tired of making excuses just to have another day, week, and month go by without any changes. I appreciate your motivation and will definitely need to frequent your posts to keep the motivation going strong. Portion control and keeping a regular exercise routine is what I need to focus on...it's definitely harder to get the weight off after 40!
  • amandak822
    amandak822 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all for the encouragement and support. It has taken me a good while to get to this point, the point where I refuse to let myself stop me from becoming the person I want to be. It was a combination of fear of failing and living in denial, I was my own roadblock. I know having a support system will help with this process and MFP has such an amazing, supportive, and motivational community. I really am glad to have this site and these forums.
  • clfinn
    clfinn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way just before April. I had enough of being the size I was!! AND enough of the pain in my knee as a result. I just could not let the weight continue to creep up on me (ha, like I didn't have control or something). So in April I logged back on here, and started a DietBet and lost 4% of my weight in four weeks! It does help to have support, so feel free to friend me.

You are a wise lady to start off slow to see how your body handles the exercise. I started with just 30 minutes of walking and now I'm doing an hour a day. The weight loss has really taken the pressure off my knee which has enabled me to do more exercises.
  • cheers2012
    cheers2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting into the MFP community for the first time. I'm feeling motivated just by reading this post. I relate to so much of it. I will be checking in daily for more motivation!
  • TJnTexas
    TJnTexas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    @amandak822, why only 5 weeks? Why not stick to the plan as long as it takes to a) get to maintenance then b) maintain?

That's basically her plan. From her OP:
    my first goal is to log every bite of food that enters my mouth and all activity for the next 5 weeks and to stay within calorie range. Of course I plan on doing this longer, but I have to set a mini goal.

Solid plan, Amanda. And I'm glad to see you'll have what appears to be a reasonable Calorie goal.

^^^^
    Very solid plan indeed! I have an ultimate goal, but my monthly goals are what I focus on. I know I can achieve them, when the total goal seemed impossibly hard at first. Now I am 1/2 way there! Keep with it, even when you occasionally fall.
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    amandak822 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I have finally hit that point. I'm finally being honest with myself. No longer will I be in denial. I will not order clothes in the size I think I should be only for them to not fit and then believe there is something wrong with the stores sizing. No longer will I watch my butt and stomach expand and outgrow pants and be in denial that I don't have to make any changes in my lifestyle for me to fit Into them once again. I will stop eating the same serving sizes as my husband. I will stop grabbing a snickers for an afternoon pick me up. And I will learn potion control.

I can keep going on and on. But the truth is, I'm sick of what I have become and it is time to make a change. I am 31 years old, I am 5'11'' and weigh 257lbs and wear a pant size 18W. I have no children, this was all done by me. I have become someone I do not recognize and I am making a change!

I have used MFP years ago and i did pretty well but then became relaxed and stopped. MFP will be my bible and my first goal is to log every bite of food that enters my mouth and all activity for the next 5 weeks and to stay within calorie range. Of course I plan on doing this longer, but I have to set a mini goal.

I would love to have friends to hold me accountable and for of course motivation. If anyone is interested in being friend please let me know.

Join my weekly weigh in group would love to support you!
  • amandak822
    Options
    @katie22mfp - where can I find your weekly weigh in group?
  • amandak822
    Options
    @TJnTexas - you are doing awesome! And the path you are taking is one I think I can follow. The overall goal is hard to swallow and intimidates the hell out of me, so it's the mini goals that I feel comfortable focusing on.
  • amandak822
    Options
    @cheers2012 - I already feel better after saying my deepest thoughts out loud (well typed out in this forum for all to read).
  • amandak822
    Options
    So far this week, I have logged every bite of food, and stayed within my calorie range. I also got in a 2 mile walk on Monday evening and was able to go on a 6 mile bike ride after a crummy day at work yesterday. Having a good sweat really seemed to improve my mood and caused me to sleep like a baby.
  • katie22mfp
    Options
    @katie22mfp - where can I find your weekly weigh in group?

Community
    Groups
    Weekly weigh in new

Can't wait to support you!
  • amandak822
    Options
    @katie22mfp - awesome! I'll totally post there when I do my first weigh in!
  • katie22mfp
    Options
    @katie22mfp - awesome! I'll totally post there when I do my first weigh in!

Great! I hope you see a good loss this week now you have put the excuses behind you.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • amandak822
    Options
    @katie22mfp - I do not see groups under community. Is it under something else?
  • planetjk
    planetjk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Woot! Thanks for your post. I'm building up to similar bravery, thanks for some additional inspiration!