Drinks Anyone

Options
msmayor
msmayor Posts: 362 Member
hi I need to know what are the best alcoholic drinks I should have that will not have my numbers falling over - are there any good websites that I can try? I have a party to attend and I want to bring my own but I dont want to go over with my numbers - Pls help

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    tia maria with cranberry juice. but get the one with no added sugar.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke
    sugar free cranberry juice w/vodka

nothing is low cal if it contains alcohol because the alcohol itself is laden with sugar... i think 1 oz of vodka has ~80 cals? which is fine for 1 drink of course... if you're doing 3 or 4 it adds up fast!
  • meanmom45
    meanmom45 Posts: 1
    Options
    Vodka and tonic is pretty low calorie. There is even diet tonic water. Also there is a margarita called skinny girl. I have seen it at Meijer and Sams. If you make it into a frozen Margarite it needs a squirt of lime juice. Good luck.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh I created a mixer for my girlfriends and i at a bbq that was like 2 parts low sugar cran raspberry, 2 parts diet 7up and 1 part vodka... floated some lime slices in the pitcher. named it "mama juice" lol... it was delicious!

~100 cals for 6 ounces.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I was just researching this because I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow night. It depends what kind of alcohol you like. Light beers and wines aren't too bad. For hard alcohol - vodka and brandy and tequila are about 50 cal per ounce so a vodka and diet will run you 50-100 calories.

I'm a flavored martini drinker. If I stay away from Martini's with chocolate or kahlua and stick to the fruity ones, most run between 120-200 calories. Any more than 2 martinis and I get myself in trouble so I'm going to assume 400 alcohol calories tomorrow and have fun!
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing so thanks for asking....and thanks for the replies.....looks like slimline G&T for me :drinker:
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If your a coolers type person Mikes Hard Lemonad makes a light drink I think it has about 100 cal per bottle. Enjoy
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has the same calories, regardless of the drink it's found in.

It's really how much you drink, and how strong it is, plus whatever else is in it.

Sweet wine has more calories than a dry wine for example. (Sweetness is sugar, essentially)

I'm a big drinker and it's been tough. Try a drink you know you like, just make it half strong and use a diet mixer.

So if you like Cranberry and vodka, use half the vodka you normally would, add diet cranberry, and LOTS of ICE....

it helps.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Vodka slimline tonic gets my vote :smile:
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
  • FatGirlSlim89
    Options
    Everyone is right about the Alchol, unfortunatley it's bad for the diet- but for me I'm going to a party and will be drinking so I sympathise. Basically, stay AWAY from Baileys (or any cream based drinks), sweet alcopops, anything with a non-diet mixer, full fat beer, and wine. Best choices are a diet mixer and vodka or light beers!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Everyone is right about the Alchol, unfortunatley it's bad for the diet- but for me I'm going to a party and will be drinking so I sympathise. Basically, stay AWAY from Baileys (or any cream based drinks), sweet alcopops, anything with a non-diet mixer, full fat beer, and wine. Best choices are a diet mixer and vodka or light beers!

Man I love Baileys :(. I know it's a no-no though.
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    http://m.lolsnaps.com/index.html?id=5424

this is pretty helpful for me :)
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke and Malibu, Vanilla Vodka or Rum. Vodka Cranberry. If your REALLY determined bring diet Cranberry Juice and order Vodka Neat and have a truly low calorie drink! White wine isn't awful. Things mixed with seltzer (Usually a flavored vodka).
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone - I really wasn't sure where to turn - you guys are awesome!!!! I usually like cognac like Hennessy or red wine - which both are terrible - i think I will go light and diet something with lots of ice - I never really like overly sweet so lets see...thanks again!!
  • jodidlyO
    jodidlyO Posts: 37
    Options
    I really like white wine and soda water.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Guinness