Favourite Swaps?

Options
Just wondering what people's favourite swaps are.

So something you use to indluge in / love and what healthy food you have swapped it for! :)

Replies

• kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use unflavored greek yogurt in place of anything creamy, so like if you're making tuna salad or any recipe that calls for mayonnaise, use nonfat yogurt.

I also have discovered that I like almond milk more than regular milk. There's still debate over which is healthier, but unsweetened almond milk is a lot fewer calories than 2% cow milk.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Zoodles for spaghetti, and mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things as before, but more/more often of some things and less/less often of other things.
    • I plan meals and portion out so that I have food for several days, instead of throwing away because it's spoiled or I'm afraid it's spoiled.
    • I assemble lots of things myself from components - for instance plain yogurt+nuts+sweetener and fruit, or smoothie (banana, milk, berries/nut butter+cocoa) instead of fruit flavored yogurt.
    • I eat more full fat instead of low fat.
    • Brown basmati has more or less replaced white jasmine rice.
    • I cook more from scratch. Soups and mashes are made from vegetables, not packets.
    • I buy more unseasoned meat/fish instead of marinated/meatloaf/sausages etc.
    • I don't add sugar to tea anymore, and drink my coffee black. Water instead of diet soda.
    • I eat porridges with butter instead of sweetened breakfast cereals.

I didn't love it, but I used to indulge in chocolate, candy, ice cream, cookies, cake, chips. I don't do that anymore, I don't feel the need/urge because I prefer the food I eat now.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Plain rolled oats or steel cut oats that I add stuff to instead of buying the flavored packets. Plain yogurt that I add stuff to and also use in place of sour cream and mayo.
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge snacker so I've been leaving a bowl of grapes and a bowl of cherry tomatoes on the counter. Now I grab those when I go into my kitchen instead of heading to the pantry for crackers. Just having it out helps because I'm not really hungry, I just want to nibble.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I mean, I use 1% milk in my protein shakes now instead of 2%.. not very exciting, but it tastes the same and cuts out a few calories that I can use for solid food!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Eat dates and nuts instead of biscuits and cheese