Tips to get scale moving again?

Options
It's depressing to see the scale and my measurements staying the same for weeks at a time...
Anyone have any tips to get things moving again?
I have 13 more lbs to lose. I have set my goal to lose 1 lb per week and my daily calorie allowance is 1400.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :heart:
Oh and Im gonna try to start eating clean next week!

I also exercise 3-5 times a week for 30-60 minutes. Its hard at times to get to the gym with the kids LOL

Replies

• shasim
    shasim Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi

It sounds as though you've hit a plateau. You need to "shock" your body out of the comfort zone. You didn't say what exercise, if any, you are doing? I would up the exercise and try some interval training.

Good Luck.
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi

It sounds as though you've hit a plateau. You need to "shock" your body out of the comfort zone. You didn't say what exercise, if any, you are doing? I would up the exercise and try some interval training.

Good Luck.

Cardio, Cardio, Cardio lol
  • tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    When that happened to me I started eating up to maintainance calories one day a week and have been steadily losing each week since then.
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    When that happened to me I started eating up to maintainance calories one day a week and have been steadily losing each week since then.

Thanks... maybe I will give that a try!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Must do weight lifting if you don't already. That's the key to burning fat along with cardio. You might need to up your cals too.
    If you keep doing the same thing day after day whether it be what you eat or your workouts, you are going to hit a plateau. Any slight change will help.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Crazy enough but the closer you get to your end goal weight the more you need to eat. Along with strength training and cardio of course.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Add strength to your workout, and build up your intensity on your cardio, then scale back every 4 weeks, then hit it harder the folllowing week. Try different types of cardio, and see if there are any classes that combine cardio and strength, i.e. boot camp, kettlebells, or body pump.

Are you doing interval training?
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    By the way, I'm a trainer, and I deal with this a lot.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I saw this link in a thread the other day, and it makes a lot of sense to me. Hopefully it helps!

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html