Eating exercise calories.

Options
So I've been hearing around on other websites that if you're exercising you should be eating those calories and it will fasten your metabolism, which makes it easier to lose weight. I've been eating an average of 1200 calories a day, I was losing weight at first. But now I've hit a plateau and I'm thinking that it's because I'm not eating my exercise calories.. I'm not sure. Is it true? Do you lose weight easier if you eat those extra calories, or eat under your calories?

Replies

• tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I have to eat them to lose weight.
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The only weight loss I get is when I don't eat them all back. If I eat everything back, I stay at my weight.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I eat back all my exercise calories and it's working great for me.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I use to not eat mine back and was stuck forever! When you don't eat those calories your body will hold to whatever you give it because it is afraid of starving.... Which in turn can end up being fat.... I read and read about it and realized how important it is for your body to get all your calories including the exercise calories everyday! Within a week of eating those back I lost 2 pounds! What I did was googled it and a lot of people including personal trainers has some really good insight on this topic.... Good luck with your journey and I hope this helps! Best wishes :)
  • Sierraislegit
    Options
    Thank you! This really helps. I'll definitely look on Google, and I'll try this for next week. I mean, every one is different. But I think that if I eat those calories I'd be so much better off. So I'll give it a try. (:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how you're counting those calories.. are you using machine/MFP estimates or are you using an HRM?

If you're using an HRM I'd say try eating them all back and see what happens. If you're using estimates from a machine/MFP eat about half and see what happens..

You gotta play around and see what works for you.

For me I eat mine when I'm hungry or if I had a really big calorie burn that day... and it seems to work for me.