Hi all! New here :)

Options
My name is Lynn and I am a 40yo married mother of 2 wonderful college kids (son is 20 and a junior, daughter is 18 and will be starting college this fall). We live in central North Carolina and have been married for almost 21 years.

I was on track losing weight well last year. I lost 56lbs betweeen January and August. However, my dear father-in-law started going downhill with terminal bone cancer and I have not been able to get back on track since his death in October. It's been a real roller coaster.

I am now getting serious again about walking and making "me" time. I have gained 20lbs back of what I had lost and I can tell it's affecting my health again. My blood pressure is slowly going back out of control and I'm just not happy.

I look forward to being a part of this community :)

Replies

• mhc90
    mhc90 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have started here over and over again, but this time will be the successful one. I am 43 with three children, 17, 15, and 3.
    If you want to add me as a friend, maybe we can help each other through this?
    Sharon
  • tiffbarnett
    Options
    Hi! I am 39, married, no kids and have been here for about a month. I love it and I know you will, too. Losing 56 lbs. before is amazing and shows that you know how to stay committed. Add me as a friend and we can help each other. :-)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynn,
    Welcome to MFP! I'm Sharon from Massachusetts. I have a 21 yr old son in college and a 12 year old daughter in middle school. I'm sorry to learn about your father-in-law's passing. I just lost my step-father to cancer in February. Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    Hi. Welcome... I am a 42 year old widow with 3 children... 5, 7, and 10..... My husband passed away in November from Cancer...I know its hard to take care of yourself when you are going thru such a tragedy... I do it for my health so I can be there for my kids! Good luck to you!!!!
    -Melissa
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! I can completely relate to your experience. I was at my goal weight about 2 years ago. I was exercising like a nut, eating pretty well, and loving life! Then my Dad was diagnosed with Cancer and became paralyzed because of it. He past away after a 3 month battle. I gained the weight back plus some more, was trying to find the bright side of things and struggled my way out of the funk. Finally this January, I joined MFP and was doing well, had a 2 month set back, and then at the end of May I made my decision to stop coming up with excuses and get to it! SInce then I have been unstoppable!!!!!!!! I feel great, have tons of energy, and am quite proud of the improvements in my life!!
    There is a light at the end of every tunnel!!!!!!! You made a terrific decision in joining MFP. The people here are amazing and the tools of the site are a major help for me!!!!!!!!
  • msneke3241
    Options
    Hi all, My name is Tomineke and I'm on a mission to lose 65lbs. I have to get back to my original weight! I will be thirty in two more years and this is a goal I must accomplish for me and my family! I have been married for 8 years and we have been together for 11 years. We have four beautiful kids and they are our everything!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the wonderful welcomes!!!