Need Motivation!! If I get 'motivated enough', I can go strong for quite a while!!

Options
34. Last weigh in (in early March) was 240lbs.

Replies

• sayingyes2success
    sayingyes2success Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Really you need to find that motivation from deep in yourself. What are the reasons that you want to lose the weight? What do you think is holding you back? Feel free to friend me, I've been on for 3 weeks and I check in every day. Love to offer support and any advice I can while I'm on my own journey. I'm Lis, I live in Maine.
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Keep a diary. Give yourself stars and stickers when you exercise or make good choices. Take photos of the high calory food that you choose not to eat at work - quietly so as not to hurt others feelings. Be proud of the new habits you are setting up. You're a legend. Notice how much progress you're making.
  • gifgal
    gifgal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm over 300 lbs and I KNOW what to do, KNOW what it feels like to feel healthy and just can't seem to find the motivation. I feel like I'm in a trap and can't escape. I just need encouragement I guess and need to feel like someone cares...my family doesn't. Obviously I sound depressed, but I'm blessed with a job and a roof over my head. I liked the title on this tread, because it's me! I have 150 to loose and I'm going to turn 65 at my highest weight ever and need a kick in the pants, time and sleep!
  • RanaSimon
    RanaSimon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I got on a motivation funk this week, but I got myself back out of it. How? I've fallen in love with exercise and being healthy.

I never go to the gym without an obligation - someone waiting for me, like a trainer or partner. Never. But this week, I've been back twice on my own. I discovered doing intervals on the treadmill with my trainer and it completely eliminated my cardio problems. I hated cardio, now I hate when I'm not doing it or pushing myself to do better.

Find that thing you love that makes you active and itching to do more, even when you know you can't. Try hiking, strength training, walking/jogging/running, yoga, whatever! Try the C25K and see if running 5Ks is your motivation (like it is mine right now). Strength train and see if getting to that higher weight makes you want to pump more.

You can always join different groups on this site and share your story for more motivation from others who have a passion for what you love to do, as well. I just make a 5K walkers and runners group and it's been a great time talking to others and seeing their goals and achievements.

You have to find what brings your motivation out of you, and then get addicted to it in the best way possible. You can do it!
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm also 34 & about 200lbs. Yes it's hard to get motivated. What do you really want to do it for, your family? Yourself? Health? My goal is get toned & build muscle I'm doing it just because I want to. I've never really been into sports. Weights are the best way for me. If you have Instagram there are some great videos on there. Watch all the first 4 Rocky movies! When I feel like giving up I read a lot of magazines, watch YouTube & Rocky 4, lol