Best food to satisfy hunger between meals?

Options
I've been trying to eat healthy and lose weight for the last couple of weeks and I have been finding it very hard recently. I been doing the insanity workout in the mornings and I'm doing well with my food, but between lunch and dinner I have this hunger that doesn't go away, even after having a snack!

Does anyone have a good snack/food that could get rid of my hunger and keep me going until my next meal? Thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Give your stats (weight, height), and open your diary.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different.. But what keeps me going between meals is:

-yogurt or cottage cheese with protein powder mixed in
    -a huge bowl of roasted broccoli
    - a couple boiled eggs
    - Quest bar

Not all of them together lol I choose one or the other.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Good mix of fat/protein and fiber. What works best for me is full fat cottage cheese or Greek yogurt (or a piece of cheese) and fruit.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different.. But what keeps me going between meals is:

-yogurt or cottage cheese with protein powder mixed in
    -a huge bowl of roasted broccoli
    - a couple boiled eggs
    - Quest bar

Not all of them together lol I choose one or the other.

Francl27 wrote: »
    Good mix of fat/protein and fiber. What works best for me is full fat cottage cheese or Greek yogurt (or a piece of cheese) and fruit.

Yep. Or I'll have some leftovers from the night before. Good luck! You can do this! :)

• ofcsfoster36
    ofcsfoster36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Anything high in protein also high fiber foods. Remember you are working out on top of your daily activity the body is like a machine it needs fuel to run. So make sure your calories intake is appropriate for the activity. But also make the calories count.

I had this problem at first as well. The nutrition guy at the gym asked to see my food log and pointed out that I was burning almost double my intake of calories with my exercise and daily activity. So I had to increase my caloric intake at each meal/snack to compensate.
  • 1085elise
    1085elise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, much appreciated
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    A slice off a chicken breast and a teaspoon of olive oil with some chopped veggies. You can make it for 100 calories and it seems like a mini meal. Then drink a big glass of water or two and wait... Maybe do a chore around the house. By the time you're done you should be feeling great! Good luck!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    A serving of Walnuts (28g) and a Banana (about 110 g) -- Or Cheddar Cheese (28g) and a serving of nuts (28g) works for me