Belly fat

Options
beyourself575
beyourself575 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
I feel so down a lot over my belly fat. My fat only goes to my belly. I try so much do get rid of it but nothing
works. I don't feel the workout and my money is too tight to afford healthy food. I feel there's nothing I can do.

Replies

• chantelsheree88
    chantelsheree88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. Try consulting with your doctor. I learned that I suffer from IBS which often makes me look bloated. I thought that I just had a huge belly. However, after learning more about it and taking necessary precautions, I have it under control. I posted my before and after photos somewhere on the board. If you come across it, you'll see my amazing results. Hopes this helps! Good luck to you and hang in there!
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't know what workouts you are doing but try full body workouts & work more of your larger muscles. If you are doing sit ups do something else as it doesn't burn many calories. It's hard with food & you do tend to spend more when being healthy & you tend to also buy more food. Maybe the food you eat have more meals but smaller portions. Whatever you have for breakfast say cereal don't buy & get a bag of oats instead. They aren't expensive & fill you up. If you don't like it have scrambled eggs on toast. Have a good breakfast & it will maybe you eat less through the day. Hope this helps
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and I've had a belly for a long long time. I've had 3 children too which has obviously thickened it. It is the largest part of me! I also have very little money at the moment. I'm just sticking at it for however long it takes, trying to eat as much healthy as i can but not stressing if i have the odd treat. Exercise as much as you can, whichever exercise you like best. Good luck!
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't get so down :) I carry my weight on my tummy too so I feel your pain. There are lots of options for you though. You can't spot burn fat so trying just to lose weight from your tummy by doing ab exercises isn't gonna work. You need to create a calorie deficit to lose weight and you'll see the difference in your tummy over time. Now there are a few ways to do that without spending extra money.

Looking at your food, as @danhib says, you can just eat less of the foods you currently eat - smaller portions are key. You can also find lots of healthy to eat on the cheap - oats, eggs (as previously mentioned), tinned beans and frozen vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli are all good options. Most grocery stores have a section that does discounted fruit and vegetables that are needing to be sold - try picking up your fruit and vegetables there. Also, when you're buying meat, try to avoid the pre-prepared stuff because it's more expensive. Look for things like whole chickens which are much cheaper than say breast fillets, and look for meat that's on special. Buying in bulk and freezing is definitely a much cheaper way to go.

Exercise wise - walking is free. It's helps to increase your calories burnt (although only marginally) but also helps to make you feel better which I think is as important as actually losing weight. I know if I go for a walk, I'm more likely to watch what I eat that day and to feel like I'm looking less bloated about the tummy.

Feel free to add me! I still eat on a relatively tight budget so maybe my diary might give you some ideas :)