Grilled Chicken and Laughing Cow - for the chicken and veggi

Options
Hi All,

I am on my chicken and veggie diet to lose some pounds fast. What is chicken and veggie - just what it says... I pretty much eat only Chicken and green and orange vegetables. To succeed I need chicken ready to heat and be eaten. I usually cook up 3 - 5 chicken breasts at a time. I use the George Foreman or my husband will grill them. I buy the chicken I find taste bests - Harvestland brand. The chickens come in individual packages so you can defrost how ever many you need. I have really found success with the prepackaged baby carrots snacks. I found a 4-pack at Walmart for under $2. Great to take in the car or just eat around the house. I think they look a little gross but just try not to look while I am eating. At night I have a chicken breast with a green vegetable. I like green peas, steamed broccoli, or sugar snap peas. Sugar snap peas have a great crunch. Rarely do I have a sweet and sour sauce or barbecue sauce with my chicken. I usually though salt and pepper.

For drinks I do sparkling water and I allow myself on sugar-free Amp per day. I don't drink soda, alcohol, or smoke so this is my little treat. Probably not the healthiest but I digress. I use to drink a lot of Diet Coke and liked drinking out of a can. I sometimes drive 4+ for work across state and would down 3 cans at a time. I still love drinking out of a can so I started to drink sparkling water out of a can and it helps.

On the chicken and veggie diet I typically lose around 1 pound per day. It is not a long-term solution. I usually only last around 1 - 2 weeks. Since the caloric intake is restrictive it is not the healthiest either. But it is a good jump start and weighing yourself every day and losing weight feels so good. I did this before my wedding and went from 126 lbs. to 118 lbs. in about 2 weeks. I also did light weight circuit training and a little elliptical cardio. I would suggest the weight circuit training in The Ab Diet book. I loved it and it can be done by beginners too!

OK so I must admit - eating chicken and veggies is super boring and my body is craving some flavor. I dabbled with some low-fat string cheese and low-fat yogurt. I thought last night though I would get a little creative. I am from Wisconsin so I love cheese and I love Laughing Cow cheese. At only 35 calories, it can't be beat! I took a low-fat Swiss wedge out and spread it on my chicken breast - almost like a Chicken Cordon Bleu!

Grilled Chicken + Laughing Cow low-fat Swiss = YUM!

Replies

• senatorkatie
    senatorkatie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BTW - I hate to be gross but I am getting a little constipated on this diet. Any tips to help? I was trying to think of a way to incorporate flax seeds....