Marijuana and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't speed up your metabolism enough to matter.

That's all I'll say about that.
  • Ipedal4pleasure
    Ipedal4pleasure Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This thread makes me curious about the MJ smokers...if all you could get was cannabis oil would you still want it or are you smoking it for the high? This is a serious question, not being sarcastic.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    *facepalm* Yes, let's just skip the weighing and logging food and go straight to the illegal, dangerous drugs, shall we?

Come on...

Legal in some way in 25 states. Most adult marijuana users aren't changing to bigger/harder drugs. That's for younger people. I made over six figures while smoking, lose weight smoking, don't cough but once in a blue moon. I also work out everyday and live a productive life. Never wanted anything harder/stronger not necessary.
    I personally don't know anyone that smokes that isn't highly functional, and I'm talking about executives at major corporations as well as everyday people.
    People smoke. And they work and have regular lives. I can't drink. If I want to come home at the end of the day and relax and can't have a glass of alcohol taking a couple of hits shouldn't be a big deal.

OP, sorry your thread got hijacked. I don't think your metabolism speeds up, but if you go to bed to keep yourself under calories instead of a munchies binge, it's a good thing to do.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it helps speed up your metabolism but you can certainly lose weight while smoking marijuana if you can control your eating.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This thread makes me curious about the MJ smokers...if all you could get was cannabis oil would you still want it or are you smoking it for the high? This is a serious question, not being sarcastic.

Do you drink alcohol to get drunk or for the taste?

P.S. I am not a smoker (of anything). I have an anxiety disorder and live a completely straight edge life because almost everything (even caffeine) exacerbates my anxiety. I dont drink, smoke, drink too much caffiene, etc.

And yet, my mother who has RA has been able to completely stop the really effed up medications (which suppress the immune system, pain medications which made her almost non-functioning) and has been able to start living a healthy and active lifestyle. She lives in a state where it is legal for recreational use.

In my opinion, for this reason, regardless of whether people use it to feel good (just like people use alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs, etc.) it should be legal.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it helps speed up your metabolism but you can certainly lose weight while smoking marijuana if you can control your eating.

really??? I've never heard of pot helping to lost wieght- reduce pain, inflammation and help with glaucoma yes, weight loss, no.

Is this personal experience or lab tested? Does it have to be specific strand (many medical mari places have different strands depending on what you need it for)?
  • Laura_Jean_76
    Laura_Jean_76 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    my husband works over 10 hrs a day, if He want to come home and smoke I could care less, he takes care of me and our kids, I would rather have him smoke then drink. My nephew has chrome disease and he smoke cause the pills he would have to take cause cancer.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

really??? I've never heard of pot helping to lost wieght- reduce pain, inflammation and help with glaucoma yes, weight loss, no.

Is this personal experience or lab tested? Does it have to be specific strand (many medical mari places have different strands depending on what you need it for)?

You should read the post you replied to again....
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.

c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

Marijuana use is currently illegal at the federal level, as well as many state and local levels, therefore discussions related to its usage are prohibited on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

kgeyser
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.