Chinese food?

Options
I'm out for dinner at a Chinese restaurant tomorrow evening for a birthday, any ideas as to what is the least bad choice?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Anything steamed
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    nothing battered.......drink lots of water as most of it is high in Sodium
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Plain steamed protein and veggies is the lowest calorie choice.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Enjoy the one night, have what you WANT to eat and then get back on track the next day.
    Eating out is such a pleasure and if we only do it now and again then why not have what we want to eat :smile:

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You might have steamed or grilled options. Otherwise, eat veggies. Also soups.
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Steamed shrimp and brocolli - use just a little bit of sauce, add hot sauce. Hot and sour soup. try to skip the rice.
  • shancourcy16
    shancourcy16 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you like soups that's a great option for chinese, very low in calories and it fills me up. Last time my boyfriend surprised me with chinese I had wonton soup with steamed veggies and chicken and had no problem fitting it into my allowed calories. My boyfriend got egg drop soup that looked yummy too. Just drink lots of water to flush out all that sodium!! But enjoy your night out :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me it's soup and steamed dumplings or shrimp and broccoli with a bit of rice. I don't really care for Chinese food though so I don't feel deprived having that.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The battered and fried dishes can really be calorie bombs. Americanized Chinese food also is very heavy in sugar, which adds calories.

The soups are great; the steamed items are good. It is almost impossible to avoid the sodium, so I would wait a few days to weigh as there is likely to be water weight.