Tofu recipes

Options
Any good easy recipes with tofu? Thanks!

Replies

• rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    My favorite - http://www.theppk.com/2009/10/tof-u-and-tof-me-scrambled-tofu-revisited/
    If you don't have nutritional yeast just leave it out, though it does add a nice taste IMO.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    http://pinchofyum.com/honey-ginger-tofu-veggie-stir-fry

It's a bit oil-heavy as written, but you can cut back on the oil in the sauce and use less sauce in general (we make this about once a week, so we usually end up using half the sauce one week and half the next week). It's beyond delicious though, and you can swap in whatever veggies you have on hand in place of carrots and asparagus (we've done it with peas, broccoli, etc).
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tofu scramble for breakfast - press excess liquid (I use extra firm) I add different things at different times, but love onions and peppers mixed in with salt/pepper to taste. Also makes a great breakfast burrito!

Tofu miso soup - I skip egg and use vegetable broth though.

Tofu works in any stir fry in my opinion, I usually press it, bake it, then cut it up and sauté it.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @Queenmunchy that looks really yummy
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Baked tofu from Thug Kitchen. It disappears as soon as I made it.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @dopeysmelly is this the recipe you are referring to?

GINGER-SESAME BAKED TOFU

INGREDIENTS
    1 Brick Extra-Firm Tofu
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup rice vinegar
    2 tbs. lime juice
    2 tbs. brown sugar
    1 tbs. minced fresh ginger
    2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
    2 tsp. Sriracha or similar hot sauce
    2 cloves garlic, thickly minced

1. Open and drain a package of tofu. Wrap the brick in some paper towels or a clean dish cloth, put it in between two plates, and put some weight on it like a can of beans. This is to press out all the water. This should take about 30 minutes to 1 hour. If you use paper towels you might need to change them a couple of times.

2. Mix together all ingredients for the marinade in a shallow, rimmed dish, big enough so that all the tofu will fit in one layer.

3. Cut the tofu into width-wise planks no thicker than 1/4 inch (my brick made 12 pieces). Throw it in the marinade and make sure all the pieces get covered. Let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 8. Stir around every now again so that all parts of the tofu get covered.

4. Preheat the oven to 450 and grease a rimmed baking sheet. Another option is to cover the baking sheet with a piece of foil and grease that. The cleanup will be much easier.

5. Take the tofu out of the marinade and set the liquid aside. Arrange the planks in one layer on the sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, flip, and spoon more marinade on each piece. Bake for 10 more minutes, flip again, and spoon more marinade on. Bake for a final 5 minutes. The edges may start to look burnt. Remove from the oven and let sit to firm up for a few minutes and then cut into whatever shape pieces you want or need.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    @Queenmunchy that looks really yummy

So good and so easy!