I moved for one hour - after so many years of sitting.

Options
I did something today that I haven't done in almost a decade. I opened the garage, got our push mower out and I started mowing. The back, the front and the side of our house. I had a day off, my husband was at work -nobody could stop me.

I am not a spring chicken anymore and I am very heavy. I haven't been on a walk in so many years. It took me 1 hour to mow the lawn. Sweat was dripping down my face, I was huffing and puffing , and my t-shirt was soaking wet...but I did it. I mowed, I bagged and cleaned up.

I moved around for 1 whole hour after so many years of sitting down. I had many water breaks, drunk about 4 bottles, but I did not sit down.

Young and healthy people might not be able to understand what that means to me. I feel like I started to climb a mountain and there is no turning back.

I am not sure where to post this because I am just at the beginning of my journey. I decided to post it here, under "success stories," because today I won!

Replies

• CatFan1019
    CatFan1019 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Great job! Keep up the great work!
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Your awesome! Just keep moving! It's going to be hard but you have support here!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your fitness journey has begun -- congrats on taking the first difficult steps!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I certainly can relate to that. Last year it took me 2 days to cut the lawn....1 day for the front and sides, and the next day for the back. It was not a good site to see me...huffing/puffing, hot and sweaty after I was done. This year, after losing 33 lbs, it takes me an hour with no breaks.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    This definitely belongs under "success stories." Congrats on getting moving! Keep up the good work!
  • skinnyminikendra
    skinnyminikendra Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
    You did win!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Keep moving girl! sent you a FR also.
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great job! Today was a success. Let tomorrow be a success as well. You can do this! So happy for you. It's not easy, but you did it! You really did.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    awesome! great job! keep it up. :)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Good on you MR and thank you for sharing the experience of that turn around moment on your life. :)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is a great success story, well done. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! Great post to share!!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Brava! Congratulations!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nice work lady!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, just awesome. Keep up the great work!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great steps forward. :)
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE!!!!!
    B)
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love this!!!
    And you posted in the right place, because you are right, you won!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!