Weight loss from swimming: Could you please share your before after pics for motivation?

Options
Please do mention the weight lost & in what duration & how much swimming.
Thank you.

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm a swimmer but don't have photos to post. I'm 5'6, 58 years old and have lost 90 lbs by swimming 5-6 days a week, walking several days a week and a calorie deficit.
    I feel strongly and healthy, you will too, keep it up!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Since November, I've alternated swimming with walking and lost 30 pounds. As my back gets stronger and my balance improves, I find I prefer walking a little more.
    Before my back surgery, swimming was the only exercise that I could do. In the three months leading up to my surgery, I was swimming three times a week, 45 minutes a swim, I went from 156 to 148, so you can lose just fine with swimming combined with sensible caloric intake.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Last year I swam every day for fun before my wedding for 4months. I looked fantastic, esp upper body. Only other exercise I did was walking, but only once a week.
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thereshegoesagain. I have been trying to send a friend request to you! The system appears down. Would love to incorporate swimming into my routine. We are similar in age and you have been so successful. I would love to hear more of your journey. K
  • grillinginthenameof
    grillinginthenameof Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was a competitive swimmer all through my youth until I graduated high school. I am 30 now and it has been several years since I last swam for exercise. Until yesterday! I lost 30 pounds doing keto without exercising and I decided it's time to start incorporating some cardio. It felt amazing to get back in the water and get my heart rate up. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!
  • lazydaisy09
    lazydaisy09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've just started. Got in the pool for the first time this week and will be going to aqua zumba today. I don't know if my free time in the water is really "swimming" but I'm there and moving around so I hope I'm doing myself some good.

Looking forward to the success stories on this thread and maybe I can add mine one day!
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I don't do it regularly, but swimming is so underrated by the fitness community. To put it into perspective: i run 6 miles at a clip at a decent pace (so I'm used to steady state cardio).
    A couple of times this week I took my kids swimming at the city pool and did a few laps. Man. My heart rate was up and I was breathing pretty hard!! So it's definitely an excellent choice.
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree, swimming is very good for total body exercise. I've been nursing a niggling knee injury and swimming is the only way to get a good burn with minimal risk.
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    swimming is cardio, cardio is overrated. stillgood for you tho.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!