Mcallen!! :blush:
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Friendswood here.
  • xbabexfettx
    xbabexfettx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am from Texas, I live in the panhandle in a small town by the name of Childress!
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Houston
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I am from Texas, I live in the panhandle in a small town by the name of Childress!

My family is from Paducah! Many trips to Childress to go to Walmart when we visit. LOL
  • Ipedal4pleasure
    Ipedal4pleasure Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wichita Falls
  • Krisfit40
    Krisfit40 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fort Worth
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    San Antonio here too.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm from Texas originally...

Hope y'all are keeping cool!
  • ccham4
    ccham4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dallas
  • dwrude
    dwrude Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Richardson
  • AnnaMRowland
    AnnaMRowland Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Originally from San Antonio and lived in Houston
  • Philboehn
    Philboehn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: First of all, I'm not from Texas and I've never been there. However this summer I finally get to visit San Antonio, Austin and Dallas (can't wait :smiley: ). Have you got any suggestions of what I should do/see while I'm there? (I hope it's okay that I've posted this in here).

Thanks,
    Lily
  • manorton82
    manorton82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Midland here
  • nina12345666
    nina12345666 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sugarland tx
  • NasMax
    NasMax Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not from Texas, I'm British... but I'd LOOOOVE to go to San Antonio/Dallas/Fortworth/Houston etc!
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Philboehn wrote: »
    Hi :smile: First of all, I'm not from Texas and I've never been there. However this summer I finally get to visit San Antonio, Austin and Dallas (can't wait :smiley: ). Have you got any suggestions of what I should do/see while I'm there? (I hope it's okay that I've posted this in here).

Thanks,
    Lily

I love San Antonio and Austin! For San Antonio, spend some time on the river walk. There's a ton to see and some great restaurants. I'm not a shopper, but I've heard it's fun there. The zoo is good, but the Japanese tea gardens are gorgeous. You can't go wrong in Austin. There's something for everyone. If you're outdoorsy, Lady Bird Lake, Mount Bonnell, and Barton Springs are great. Fantastic food all over. Concerts aplenty. Clubs and bars are great. If you're willing to venture into south Austin, I'd HIGHLY recommend Moontower Saloon. It's mostly outdoors, so dress for the weather. Last I saw, there was sand volleyball, delicious food trucks, and great music.

Dallas...meh. I live here, so I'm probably not the most enthusiastic lol. The Dallas Museum of Art and the Kimbell Museum are excellent, and if you can make it over to Fort Worth, I'd recommend visiting the stockyards and seeing a rodeo.