What's your biggest struggle losing weight?

Options

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    It really wasn't losing the weight, it is keeping the weight off. 2-1/2 years on maintenance and it is still a struggle keeping my calories from going above maintenance and knowing that I will never be able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want to eat it.
  • msanc095
    msanc095 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My struggle is staying motivated. Having consistency and discipline. I am also a emotional eater so I eat for any reason.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love love love to bake. Sometimes I do really well all week then the weekend rolls around and I make a layered chocolate bacon cake just because...I bet you can guess what happens next...I'll give you a hint; it doesn't involve cardio...
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Resisting goodies.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I just don't move enough lately. I used to walk more. On the good side it may work out in the long run. I am losing slowly now and perhaps I will find maintenance calories will give me more energy for walking and so I'll get a few more calories then, which will sure make it a little easier to think of this as a long term adventure, not just a short term weight loss thing.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I just love good, tasty, nutritious food. And I love to cook everything, and I like to eat a lot of it. But LCHF is helping me feel very satisfied and I'm already eating a lot less calories (believe it or not).
  • fabulousmo
    fabulousmo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hormones. because at certain times of the month, they make me want to eat all the things.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    "Special" social occasions: Birthday celebrations, potluck dinners, BBQ's, and eating out. I try to plan but still overeat. I will sometimes take my own low calorie foods but when I see others eating something I would rather eat than what I brought, I give in and eat it, too.
    I have a BBQ I am going to soon. This involves basically socialization, eating, and drinking. I do not know the other people all that well and I know that I often eat due to the awkwardness of those kind of events. No real "activities" other than eating and talking.
  • Sezairah
    Sezairah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cheese!!!!! Lol
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Hormones... I recently found out that I am perimenopausal and its making it much harder to maintain muscle mass and keep my weight down. Its like learning how to eat and work out from scratch
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    When I was larger I didn't struggle that much. I was so motivated and it was easier to lose when I had more fat.

Now as a relatively lean person who lifts heavy, I find it hard because I look OKAY. Yeah, I want to look better...but I just dead lifted a crap ton of weight and I'm hungry. And when I DO decide to get into a deficit, I tend to try to get too aggressive because it's so boring losing a freaking pound per month. Anyway, that was a rant. #teamnoabs4life
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Boredom, sweets, super hot weather and a crap air conditioner, water retention, being short so not that many calories to play with, mentalpause
  • jlj9287
    jlj9287 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not eating my feelings. It's a constant battle to tell myself that I'm not actually hungry when I'm stressed or sad, but it takes some time to reprogram coping mechanisms.
  • 19feg96
    19feg96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Random cravings! Sometimes I really just want to pig out on fast food or sweets but that's not good for me or my wallet
  • deirdreb64
    deirdreb64 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dealing with depression and a sore knee from arthritis. Trying to get motivated.
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Believing that I am not some anomoly and that I can lose weight and keep it off at my age. I feel like I threw a lifetime away struggling with weight and I am so ready to be out from under this burden. So happy for all the young people on this website taking care of it now!
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has the highest metabolism on earth I think, so after dinner he snacks like crazy! It's hard when I smell the chocolate soufflé to avoid snacking with him!

This! My husband is super skinny even though he eats junk all day...and he always wants to go out for ice cream after dinner. Q.Q
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    GreenValli wrote: »
    "Special" social occasions: Birthday celebrations, potluck dinners, BBQ's, and eating out. I try to plan but still overeat. I will sometimes take my own low calorie foods but when I see others eating something I would rather eat than what I brought, I give in and eat it, too. I have a BBQ I am going to soon. This involves basically socialization, eating, and drinking. I do not know the other people all that well and I know that I often eat due to the awkwardness of those kind of events. No real "activities" other than eating and talking.

This is also my struggle. I do an excellent job of eating only what I'm supposed to when it's a typical day or weekend. When special occasions arise, I'm toast.
  • Otterlover81
    Otterlover81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just got married and husband has no job. He hasen't had steady work for almost a year and it's caused depression in both of us. Realised I've gained 10lbs.in the last 4 months on top of the 15lbs. I needed to lose originally. Can't sleep well at night due to stress, so it makes me super hungry for anything I can get my hands on during the day and night. Comfort foods...yum. Been getting better though since I've started tracking again for the last week
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    when people at the office bring in donuts and high calorie snacks. I'm getting better at just saying no or limiting myself to one.
    Yes!! My office is full of old ladies who love to bake the sweet stuff and think every occasion calls for a cake! And they constantly make me feel bad like I'm insulting them if I don't try all of their food :(