Slow and steady friends :)

Options
Anyone only looking to lose 1lb a week? I seem to have higher calories than some of my MFP and I think it's because they are set to 2+ (which not a knock at them! I think that's great and super dedicated!)

I just know I need to be able to eat not completely healthy/clean because if I don't live a little I'll revert back. Let's be friends if you're in the same boat :)

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance now, but I certainly was the slow and steady type. :smiley:
  • donhalox2
    donhalox2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here! Been on "vacation" mode and looking to lose weight slowly and recomp my body. I'll add.
  • cschnecks
    cschnecks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Added all you! Amazing on all your success so far too!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Losing 1 lb a week at 1560, only some of it is "healthy" stuff, lol. And I laze around more than I too. Add me if you want.
  • gknott89
    gknott89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Barely started my journey a week ago. Aiming for 1lb/week as well, hoping to be sustainable. Shoot me an add!
  • cschnecks
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    Losing 1 lb a week at 1560, only some of it is "healthy" stuff, lol. And I laze around more than I too. Add me if you want.

Haha that's me too! If I limit too much I over do it. So I should for 80% of my day to be healthy
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Losing 1/2 pound a week. Let's be friends.
  • cschnecks
    Options
    Losing 1/2 pound a week. Let's be friends.

Added :)
  • oxBeexo
    oxBeexo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've now started to steadily lost around 1 - 1/2 lbs a week now I'm a month in and in the flow of things. So feel free to add me. I intend to make slow progress.
  • cschnecks
    Options
    Added! Looking forward to it
  • magicmarigold
    magicmarigold Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've just changed my goal to half a pound a week, two months of 1260 Cals (with many many cheat days) is enough for me. 1490 cals is luxurious now! I dont even care that the loss will slow down, ive been hovering around 148 for a few weeks now so I'm trying the slow and steady approach and so far I'm liking it.
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm set for 2lb a week. Add me if you like. You sound like eat like me. Some times you have to be bad & eat something naughty lol. Best of luck to you
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm the lose in chunks type which makes it seem very slow at times :) I can go 3+ weeks without the scale moving and then check the next day and be down 7 lbs. My body makes me earn it and exercise patience!
  • visualizefit
    visualizefit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on my feet a lot, so when I'm working 2lb a week calories feel like 1lb a week calories for when I'm not working. Slow and steady or I'll fall off the wagon! :)
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 1 lb a week overall. I have been counting calories for 24 weeks and I have lost 30 lbs. so far. Nothing wrong with slow and steady!
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This is so me. 160 days in and I've lost 21.6lb, with 43lb more to go until first goal. Oy... patience is a mf B)
  • cschnecks
    Options
    Yay :) glad I'm not the only one!
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    lisaisso wrote: »
    patience is a mf B)

hahaha yeah it is!

I'm in 180 days in and down 25 lbs so we appear to be on a similar pace :) Good luck!

• beckyhauser
    beckyhauser Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 15 lbs. Weigh 149 and am 5'2 and aiming for half pound a week which is doable. I don't weigh in often. Looking to loose 5 more pounds. I'm super active, workout with weights and some cardio and stay at 1600 calories a day. Slow and steady for sure but have plateau and it's kinda frustrating.