Fries l

Options
I want fries all the time. I could eat them every day and I use to but I stopped because it was terrible for my skin. Does anyone have a healthy alternative for fried potatos coverd in salt?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Do oven fries and just be moderate with the salt. You cut up the potatoes and put some nonstick tinfoil on the pan, grease it lightly, and place the sliced seasoned potatoes on it. I forget how hot/long to bake but if you google "oven fries" there will be recipes you can follow. Make sure to log the calories from these.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Grilled or roasted or baked potatoes with parmesan cheese, with chili powder, with mustard sauce, . . . lots of options.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I make potato wedges tossed in olive oil and parmesan. Sometimes, I'll throw some flour in a bowl and season it with paprika, cumin, garlic powder salt and pepper. Toss your potatoes in milk (sounds weird, I know), then in the flour mixture and bake at 425 for roughly 30 minutes.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i love fries... to be honest i LOVE potatoes in every shape form and possible way. baked woth a small toss of oil aint gonna hurt ya.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just cut mine in fries, add one teaspoon of olive oil per potato, toss, sprinkle salt, then bake for 25 minutes at 425.

To me they actually taste better now than 90% of the fries you can find in restaurants for way less calories.
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Make your own. I use baby red potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and any other seasonings that suit my taste buds that day. Sooo much better than greasy fries. My 16 year old step daughter always asks me to make them when she is here.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is a comparable option for French fries. Most of the options above sound awesome, but they aren't fries.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I make fries in my air fryer every... single... day. it fits in my calorie goal, fits my macro goal doesn't squeeze out necessary micro-nutrients, and makes me feel satisfied.

I don't see any problem with that.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Potato wedges oven baked w olive oil salt and pepper, bake til crispy, they're really good
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just curious....why are fries bad for your skin? That pathology doesn't make sense.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I want fries all the time. I could eat them every day and I use to but I stopped because it was terrible for my skin. Does anyone have a healthy alternative for fried potatos coverd in salt?

Baked potatoes covered in salt
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Bake them vs deep frying? Otherwise take carrot sticks, roll them in oil* and salt and wallah! Now I want real fries :(
    *edit