Elimination Challenge for anyone wanting to lose!

Options
Hello all! At first I wanted to make it for those over 200 lbs, but I cannot discriminate, there are all sizes and shapes that are trying to lose so this offer is open to anyone!!

I am looking to put together a group of people who are willing to compete to lose the lbs and inches and fight to be named the #1 Shredder!!!

The challenge will officially start July 2, 2011 and End on September 2, 2011 and each Friday (. Starting weights must be posted of your current weight on the scale either as your profile picture or attached through photo bucket and posted on this blog before July 3 so I can verify starting weights)

We will be set up in four teams, group Red, Blue, Yellow and Green in which each team will have to lose the most weight each week in order to not face elimination. The other 3 teams will have to risk letting someone go. I think it will be a fun way to get in shape and help us get motivated to continue our weight loss!

Each week each team will be assigned different challenges. Once your team has completed all of your challenges then you automatically advance to the next phase. There will be different phases each week and if a team does not complete those phases you will remain behind while the others move on until you catch up. It sounds confusing but it will be fun! (example blue team has to walk 50 miles this week. blue team members will need to become friends and keep track of who walked however many miles. when the miles have been completed you contact me and u will move on to the next goal) Along with the team that loses the most amount of weight each week automatically advancing, the teams who complete their challenges first will automatically advance also, and it cannot be the same team that already beat elimination.

By the end of the 2 month challenge if complete color teams have been eliminated we will then elimitate individuals from the same team to try and gain a winner!

The wonderful part about this challenge is that everyone may not lose lbs each week, so if you would like to take your measurements as well, it will be also counted as a loss and help you to avoid elimination!

Let me know if you want to join this challenge!!

I need 30 people to sign up in order to have enough people for each team and last the 2 months.. Hurry and Get your spot!!

Replies

• konjit
    konjit Posts: 16
    Options
    I WANA DO IT! I WANA DO IT! Can I pick the color I join?
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I WANA DO IT! I WANA DO IT! Can I pick the color I join?

Yes you can pick the color you want to join!!
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am interested, Fat2Fab....put me in.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Can guys do this, I love these sort of challenges
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fat2Fab - have you thought about counting inches as well as pounds? It may be too much to do, but some weeks I've not lost pounds, but have lost inches......just a thought. I'll do it regardless.
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    Can guys do this, I love these sort of challenges

yes, guys are more than welcome, everyone is welcome!!
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    Fat2Fab - have you thought about counting inches as well as pounds? It may be too much to do, but some weeks I've not lost pounds, but have lost inches......just a thought. I'll do it regardless.

That is an awesome Idea!!! I will add it to the main info. Thanks =)
  • penguinfan03
    penguinfan03 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of the blue team if we can recruit enough people!

Just to clarify... you want me to take a picture of my scale with my starting weight? Haha. Time to invest in a pedicure I guess.
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of the blue team if we can recruit enough people!

Just to clarify... you want me to take a picture of my scale with my starting weight? Haha. Time to invest in a pedicure I guess.

LOL well, maybe put on socks? the pic does not have to stay up long, just long enough for me to get the numbers off.
  • penguinfan03
    penguinfan03 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    But the socks might weigh an ounce!! I'll just be painting my toenails :D Or zooming in reeeeeeeeeeally close to the numbers!
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/278503-8-week-elimination-challenge-closed-group

here is our official group thread to post on, please refer to the updated link. Thanks everyone!
  • konjit
    Options
    Great.... I pick green :-)
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    Great.... I pick green :-)

I've got you on team green!! yay
  • konjit
    Options
    I AM SUPER COMPETITIVE.. SO IM THRILLED.... :-)
    speaking of which.. off to the gym...(when do we do the scale-pedicure pix... :smile: )
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just a hopeful MFP Moderator who loves when you all encourage each other.

Have a great day, and enjoy the Green Challenge!!

Arewethereyet:flowerforyou:
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Is there still room??? Vxx
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    I AM SUPER COMPETITIVE.. SO IM THRILLED.... :-)
    speaking of which.. off to the gym...(when do we do the scale-pedicure pix... :smile: )

Those have to be in by july 3rd.. and I too need a pedicure haha. Use the new link below to follow and post.. Your team is waiting to meet you!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/278503-8-week-elimination-challenge-closed-group
  • fat2fab4life
    Options

yes, there is plenty of room! here is the link that we are using now for the challenge. I will message you your new team and add you as a friend
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    Hi! Just a hopeful MFP Moderator who loves when you all encourage each other.

Have a great day, and enjoy the Green Challenge!!

Arewethereyet:flowerforyou:

U are so awesome! Thanks a bunch!!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options

yes, there is plenty of room! here is the link that we are using now for the challenge. I will message you your new team and add you as a friend

Aces!! How exciting..... :smile: Vx